FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to destroy your DMC? Here is a good place to start...

Just leave me out of it..

Gotcha. There will never be measurements of the flux bands in the file. You nailed the reasons why. They are very individual to each car and even the slightest difference in installation or fabrication can make or break the conversion. I've always left that up to each individual builders style and tastes.

When I repost the adjusted file, I'll see about saving it out as a DXF as well.

-Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Not a problem! I figured while I was at it, I might as well host it too. I was actually looking for the flux band measurements (front and both rear). I'm not sure if that's the right name for the part, but it's the part that goes right in front of the bumper with perforated aluminum, acting as its own bumper of sorts. I believe those are more or less hand crafted, but wasn't sure on the exact measurements.

If you update the file at all, I can convert it again and hoat the new version alongside the old one.

Just wanted to give an update on this mess. It's been very slow going, but i'm making progress. With the help of a few others, we're working on a few new additions to the CAD File

GW2-001.jpg

Screen Accurate Part II and III TCD Enclosure (which was used in the A-Car restoration). Drawn from the original unit in the C-Car after filming.

GW2-002.jpg

Minor Tweaks to the overhead console set. I'll also be including a flat for the switch banks if you don't feel like taking forever to drill the LMB boxes.

GW2-003.jpg

The Robinson Gyro Mount on the rear deck. Not a 100% dead-on copy, but simplified a bit to be scratchbuilt (I'm still tweaking it a bit here and there with new info).

Still a TON more to do and as I said, it's taking a ton of time to get dialed in.

However if you have any questions about the project, please feel free to ask away. These days there is nothing too terribly secret about all this mess. I'm happy to help.

-Gary

My VIN:    2628

So Looking Forward to this!

I'm trying to get an update done as fast as I can. It's been terrible weather for getting anything done around here and now my home computer has developed some sort of "issue". Still trying to diagnose that problem, but hope to have a substantial update soon.

-Gary

My VIN:    2628

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver II View Post
    I'm trying to get an update done as fast as I can. It's been terrible weather for getting anything done around here and now my home computer has developed some sort of "issue". Still trying to diagnose that problem, but hope to have a substantial update soon.

-Gary
    No Problem. This is going to be well worth the wait!

Do you have a cad for an overhead console yet Gary?

It's in the masterfile. Flat plans for the main plate and even the switch housings if you have a shop good enough to bend them up and don't feel like trying to cut out the LMB Heeger boxes.

I should have a better updated version of the file up within a week or two. I still have the computer issues at home so I'm trying to update the file at my office. It's very slow going at the moment. Sorry about the delays.

-Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver II View Post
    It's in the masterfile. Flat plans for the main plate and even the switch housings if you have a shop good enough to bend them up and don't feel like trying to cut out the LMB Heeger boxes.

I should have a better updated version of the file up within a week or two. I still have the computer issues at home so I'm trying to update the file at my office. It's very slow going at the moment. Sorry about the delays.

-Gary
    No worries Gary. I (like most others) really do appreciate this info. It's how this 'hobby' should always be :-)

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr2nut123 View Post
    No worries Gary. I (like most others) really do appreciate this info. It's how this 'hobby' should always be :-)
    I disagree Nut, but thank you Mr. Weaver for your diagrams. I hope that in the next year to be able to replicate them on my own without help. Everybody has a dream and some of us do not have the ability that Mr. Weaver, Mr. Moseley or Mr. Coulumbe have.

I applaud your workmanship Sir.

Mr. Nut. Building BTTF cars is like singing. I can build a BTTF mod but I may just fook it up and will need some help, just like I can sing but its like two cats fooking.

I don't follow... What did you disagree with Nut about?

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I disagree Nut, but thank you Mr. Weaver for your diagrams. I hope that in the next year to be able to replicate them on my own without help. Everybody has a dream and some of us do not have the ability that Mr. Weaver, Mr. Moseley or Mr. Coulumbe have.

I applaud your workmanship Sir.

Mr. Nut. Building BTTF cars is like singing. I can build a BTTF mod but I may just fook it up and will need some help, just like I can sing but its like two cats fooking.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast