FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Watsonville Airshow 2014

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Now there's a photo op!

I'm checking my schedule....It's soccer time for my girls, but we haven't got the game schedule yet. But we hope to make it......

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Bumping this invitation and sharing recent details, mostly about show arrival and departure times for the Oct. 11 event.

Arrival: Cars can enter from 7:30-9:30AM and it's not very strict. If somebody needs to arrive after 9:30AM then Bill will get you in. There is a pancake breakfast there at 8AM, cost $8.

Grouping the NCDMC cars: We can have the cars together as long as we know how many spots to arrange for in advance. That may help anybody who needs extra time getting there that morning.

The car show starts around 10AM and the airshow starts at 11:00 or 11:30AM.

Departure time: The show runs "all day" which to me means you can leave when you like.

PM me if you are having trouble getting hold of the entry form from their website.

My VIN:    0934

Update:
    As of this week we have Kyle, Bruce, David and me making a tentative total of 4 cars, plus Doc.

If anyone else can join in just let us know. As far as I know it's not too late to register.

Remember, the deal is that the car show is at and during an airshow. You register and you get 2 admissions to both.

I'll PM the attendees about final info as it comes in - we'll figure out how to get a group parking area in the show.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    05457

Somehow this is the first I'm seeing the DMCTalk thread, but I'm definitely going to be there as you mentioned in your previous post. Looking forward to it!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    6235

I would love to go as it's fairly close to me 2 hours away. However my car is down at the moment and won't be fixed until December. Maybe next year.

Sent from my time machine

Watsonville Airshow & Car Show wrapup

Fun in the sun at Watsonville last Saturday:

3 DeLoreans - all '81 5-speeds showed up, attended by Doc Brown himself as well as owners Kyle, Bruce and Rich (and Kyle's sisters, too). David's D decided it needed it's charge-bulb-fuse circuit looked at, delaying his arrival beyond the entry window.

It was a fun crowd with plenty of folks enjoying the cars as well as admiringthe remote-controlled animatronic talking (!) Doc that Kyle and Bruce debuted there. Great Scott!! See photos.

The show was pretty cool, including aerobatic/formation/warbird antics overhead. The finale included 6 - yes 6 - P-51 Mustangs, a P-40 Warhawk and an F6F Hellcat all in the air at one time along with AT6 trainers making a splendid racket.

Some of you remember this posted originally as a potential BTTF-themed show. A trademark issue arose and they canned it. There was word floating around from the management Saturday that they've since sorted out the issue with the studio such that they may go with the Back to the Future show theme NEXT year. So all you NCDMCers keep early October open in '15.

DSCF0211 - Copy.jpg DSCF0223 - Copy.jpg DSCF0235 - Copy.jpg IMG_1404.jpg IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg IMG_0752.jpg IMG_1449.jpg IMG_1553_2.jpg

Doc at Watsonville

And my favorite photo from Bruce showing Doc doing what he did best on Saturday:

DSCF0183.jpg

My VIN:    1420

Kevin had to work that day and was on assignment for the Sentinel:

STC-L-cmairshow-1012-04 - Copy.jpg
    Classic cars take viewers on a trip through time at the Watsonville Municipal Airport Saturday during the 50th annual Watsonville Fly-In and Air Show. (Kevin Johnson -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3