FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Farrah (from the Smoking Tire) buys a Delorean.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    It's kind of weird how no one here on DMC Talk has taken the Stage III plunge, and there's not really any videos on youtube of the cars, either. I'm guessing there hasn't been a great take rate for the Stage III cars?

Since he admitted in the video to purchasing a Stage II upgrade, $12k is probably a conservative estimate. I've never known anyone who has sent their car off to one of the vendors and walked away with a tab that low for that matter... and none have taken the Stage II/Spec II plunge to bolster their tabs, either. My guess is this resto will be around $20k, possibly more.
    Ohhh I forgot to figure in the stage II, that's 7 grand right there.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    It's kind of weird how no one here on DMC Talk has taken the Stage III plunge, and there's not really any videos on youtube of the cars, either. I'm guessing there hasn't been a great take rate for the Stage III cars?
    Isn't that somethin'?
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    891, 1045

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I don't think the Stage III makes economical sense. For the price you pay, it just doesn't seem to add up for what you get. Also, at the risk of starting an argument, it still uses the original fuel delivery system. Why?
    Because if you had a warehouse full of NOS parts wouldn't you want to find a way to use them? I know I would. Now if I didn't have many more of those parts I'd totally make the jump to a more modern setup.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

There was at least one member who got the stage 3 and posted about it. He claimed to love it. Although the HP gains were not very impressive, he reported the torque increase was very noticeable and to be honest, once my car reaches 3,500 it pulls rather nicely, just needs more downstairs. For someone who wants to keep the original driveline, (and has a lot of disposable income) it may be the ticket, but that really is a lot to pay. It also may just be the smallest increase in power ever recorded on an engine after adding a supercharger.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Because if you had a warehouse full of NOS parts wouldn't you want to find a way to use them? I know I would. Now if I didn't have many more of those parts I'd totally make the jump to a more modern setup.
    Certainly. My main concern would be the fuel system. I get NOS, but 30 year old parts are still 30 years old, even if they've never been used. I know we're not talking about food products here, but come on. I suppose if one isn't familiar with the drawbacks of K-Jet, they wouldn't care. Also, the set up (to me) just looks cobbled together. It's a shame they didn't go for the Legend Twin Turbo look.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    I hope that he got a great deal on the car because a 3-4 month resto won't be cheap.
    Somebody mentioned that the rest is courtesy of DMCCA. Dono if the labor cost is meant by it or the parts as well.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Somebody mentioned that the rest is courtesy of DMCCA. Dono if the labor cost is meant by it or the parts as well.
    I don't "courtesy" meant "free".
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I don't think "courtesy" meant "free".
    Well Since Don is no longer with DMCCA and Cameron is running things to try to turn a profit... my guess is he will pay...

Craig

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

My VIN:    5628

I'm excitedfor him!

I another DMC on the road soon! It's a good thing in my eyes. If I had the money, I'd do what he's doing! And, having an advocate like the Smoking Tire is a win for the community.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast