FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Speedi Sleeves for Drive Flange and Crankshaft Pulley

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Club(s):   (DCF)

Speedi Sleeves for Drive Flange and Crankshaft Pulley

I'm having a little trouble trying to find the size Speedi Sleeves for the drive flanges and crankshaft pulley. I figured this would be a safe and cost effective alternative then spending well over $500 for the new parts. I tried searching the around and haven't found a solid answer. I know that SKF produces the best sleeve. I just can't seem to find sizes I need to complete this project of not having anymore leaks. Has anyone had luck with locating these...

-Robert

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

You can buy at least the axle ones from Dave at DMCMW...

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

+1, I got the ones for the axle flanges from Dave and they were perfect.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Just followed up with Juliee from DMCMW. Absolutely a first class experience. They helped me locate all the sleeves for the flanges and crankshaft pulley. I will post a "How-To" for anyone in the future that wants to tackle this themselves. Pretty simple so far. I had a heck of time removing the old drive drive seals, which caused me to remove the bolt and diff adjustment nut. All in all, if your careful and mark everything before removal, your golden.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean937 View Post
    Just followed up with Juliee from DMCMW. Absolutely a first class experience. They helped me locate all the sleeves for the flanges and crankshaft pulley. I will post a "How-To" for anyone in the future that wants to tackle this themselves. Pretty simple so far. I had a heck of time removing the old drive drive seals, which caused me to remove the bolt and diff adjustment nut. All in all, if you're careful and mark everything before removal, you're golden.
    But you shouldn't have to to replace the seal. All it can do is cause you to damage the nut and possibly mess up the adjustment. One case where the Workshop Manual got it very wrong.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    But you shouldn't have to to replace the seal. All it can do is cause you to damage the nut and possibly mess up the adjustment. One case where the Workshop Manual got it very wrong.
    David Teitelbaum
    Very mtrue. But, I had received the o-ring that circles the diff. I made sure to clean the area before removal of the part to have exact measurements in hand ready for reinstall. Took pictures and got it done in a day. Mind you, I had the transmission out on a table.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

It's always best to get your "Guaranteed to fit" parts from a reputable DMC Vendor.

I believe the Crankshaft pulley and the Drive Axle flanges use the same size Speedi-Sleeve. Don't quote me on that though (foggy memory)

SKF 99169 42MM (nominal shaft diameter)
    SKF 99873* 42MM

* New Speedi-Sleeve GOLD series. Features a hardened and coated abrasive surface for longer lasting service from a standard sleeve.

Generally speaking, any local industrial bearing supply house can get them for you if you want to go that route.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Or... support your local vendors. We owe a lot to Dave at DMCMW on this one - you might save a few bucks buying them somewhere else, if it is the correct part - but DMCMW will guarantee the fit, give you the advice you need to install them properly, and you will be helping to fund the next time you need them as well. Joe's house of Bearings isn't going to have your back...