FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Wrecked Delorean's 'n accident images

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Hey, that's the one I found on Instagram with the matador.

Anyone know more about it?
    ¡Olé!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Sorry to report another one on fire...

Posted on the Bauerle auto Ohio motives Facebook page
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    16377

ALEXAKOS, Dale E Funk had posted on the 'DeLorean Fanatics' Facebook page that he was doing work on a few cars and mentioned that he was removing the engine from VIN 941, He later showed this picture to remind everyone why he had to remove the engine in the first place. This car with the fire isn't new.

-Nick Pitello

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Ok thanx nick! Well then it was about time to add it to this thread of destroyed Delos compilation
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Hopefully this is no-one on here

Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Wow, I've always thought the stainless panels on the DeLorean were fairly thick (never really felt them in real life), but the pictures in this thread make them look like tinfoil. How thick are the panels, exactly?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Wow, I've always thought the stainless panels on the DeLorean were fairly thick (never really felt them in real life), but the pictures in this thread make them look like tinfoil. How thick are the panels, exactly?
    Razor thin.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Razor sharp certainly, but I would say that they are thicker than modern-day cars.

The above car was hit by the "bumper of a Budget truck", so I am thinking the fabricated checkerplate square rear bumper that you see on tehse rental trucks, which would certainly explain the panel damage and the rear wheel knocked out of alignment
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    According to the internet the panels are 22 gauge, or .030". I just put a set of calipers on my fender and hood and it seems correct. It's tough to find a spot where there wouldn't be any stretching or change in material thickness from when the parts were pressed.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

So aside from the body damage do we know why the rear wheel and rear quarter are no longer where they belong in relation to each other? And in the upper photo we see the left wheel is toed out a lot.

A guess is that this car lost its left TAB at medium/high speed starting a chain of events that resulted in this.

Any info on what really happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Hopefully this is no-one on here

March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4