FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alright all you SEDOC bums! Let's get this tech-session ball rolling! [AUGUST 24th ]

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Alright all you SEDOC bums! Let's get this tech-session ball rolling! [AUGUST 24th ]

When looking back through my pictures I noticed we've had 2 to 3 tech-sessions each year since 2007. This is the first year where it's almost August, and we haven't done anything at all yet. What a bunch of slackers!! We're all guilty, yet the funny thing is I get the feeling everyone wants to do something, but are just having a hard time making it happen.

To get something concrete on the calendar, I'm happy to offer up my place in Buford for a tech session/hang-out/get-together. Whether you have something to do on your car or not, come on out and we'll have a great time! From what I understand the location is suitable for a great many of us.

Yesterday Ben and I got together to go for a drive, talk cars, life, etc, (pics below). It doesn't take much to have some fun. Really made us want to organize something very soon. I'm very flexible for whatever Saturday works for most people (just not Aug 31, or Sept 7). It can be as early as 2 weeks from now, or as long as it takes to give everyone decent notice for maximum attendance. I can toss up August 17th, 24th, but if this is too soon I totally understand. And because of the difficult weather this summer, let's also plan a rain date for the following Saturday of whatever we decide.

That thread from a couple weeks ago where a bunch of us chimed in was just like old times, and was proof that you guys still read the forum and are reading this now, so ignorance is no excuse!

Bear with us, new guys over in the Woodstock area, we know you're dying for a get-together. I felt exactly the same way when getting my car. I think the hurdle for you is your location is somewhat of a dead-zone (hardly any owners in that area), and too many D owners are just not willing to drive their cars 1-1.5 hours one way in Atlanta traffic for an event only 2-3 hours long. (sorry you guys! hope we haven't put you off too much).

P.S. I think some sort of mountain drive is still a great idea that we should talk about doing this fall.

Last edited by DL4567; 07-26-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Thanks for posting and hosting. I'd love for us to also have a meeting about nominating an event cordinator. Back in the day, sedoc had someone who commonly coordinated events. Lets revive sedoc. Perhaps we can all get on a call list and put out some calls to each other. Jeff Green contacted me about getting the group together, and I gotta say, the phone call seemed more personal than a dmc post. At this meet, we can also plan a time for a cruise drive. Perhaps a fall drive to the mountains. (Listen up Ron and Sean)
    Ill save my dmc Houston in tank all in one fuel pump install for the tech session, if anyone is interested, and I will also make myself available for tech help. If Ron shows up, and Sean, between the three of us, we should be able to incapacitate your vehicle so it will not make the drive home. If buddy can't bring his a/c gear I can bring my pump and recharge kit for r12 and 134. Bring your own air. Eric and Ryan I expect you to show up as well, or you will both be added to my ignore list. So, post up people. What are your thoughts?
    Ryan, the rules are simple: you must attend this event to win at life.
    Ron, you must attend in your delorean to prove you are a true enthusiast, and actually own a delorean.
    Eric, I am certain you sold your car years ago. Prove me wrong.
    Sean. What more can I say? Everyone is doing it. You know you want to.
    Dermot. I have faith you will do the right thing.
    Buddy, travel to the future, see how much fun this will be, and show up. (Time machine optional)
    Jai, come on buddy. Bring the son of Herbie if you like. But show up.
    To everyone else, I didn't forget about you, just be there.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I'll ignore that Ben. Mainly cos I don't know what it means

I've probable been to 60% of the tech sessions held since I got my car, but I would relish the chance to drip oil over Derek's driveway again (sorry bout that).
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

All right! So the mouse is in the house. That's three. See, we are already at 60% typical sedoc attendance. Lets keep it going.
    Soundkillr was here.

I'm not going because Eroc doesn't answer my PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I'm not going because Eroc doesn't answer my PMs.
    That's because he sold his car.......
    Soundkillr was here.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'm still hoping for an event to happen in North Carolina, much shorter drive/ ride, depending on what vehicle I take.

I will say that August 10 is the only day I can't do it. Which I am sure, means that's the day everyone else can....
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    SCEDT26T3BD006009

Just set a date

I'm in. And to all, Buford, it's not like it is North Dakota. It's just down the road - just think of all the head turns you'll get cruising 285 @ a buck-10. He'll, that's worth it by its self! Did I say, "I'm II"?

My VIN:    5311

*sigh*, fine. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, count me in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Ill save my dmc Houston in tank all in one fuel pump install for the tech session, if anyone is interested
    I've done this twice now, so I can help you with it.
    - Chris

what

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast