FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How To: Repair Eyebrows with Fascia Attached

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Thanks David and Andy. Great feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    ... it has probably seen hot sunny days before and has done just fine.
    Good point. My D has been in Texas for most, if not its entire, life.

Excellent how to!

I just did this and I have a couple things to add.

1. It should be stated the grill is held by 8 small balls. (Like grease nipples) These balls fit in to spring sockets. It's nice to know how it is held before you go pulling on it. It is very difficult to pull off. I used a hook tool. It seemed to make it easier.

2. Someone mentioned the 2 by 4 made the situation worse. I think this is because they tried to use one board across the whole front. I put a straight edge on the front and found there is a slight crown in the hood/fascia. I assume this is to drain water. If you use a single piece of wood, you are pushing the center of the fascia down. I used two pieces of wood about 2' long.

I have to say, on viewing his pics, it maybe he did one side at a time. In the pic, it looks like his wood was about 3/4 across the car. He didn't mention this and maybe I'm wrong on how he did it, but I suggest the two piece approach.

Edit, I just reread his post and he said a 3' long piece of wood, so he must have done one side at a time.

3. I also suggest wareing rubber gloves. Once you get the aluminum bars in place, you can strip them off and place your clamps. (You don't want to spread any of that glue on something while clamping) Also, I would mask the bottom of the fascia under the bars in case you get a few drops off the bars. It's pretty sticky, so this may not be an issue.
    Last edited by Helirich; 02-22-2021 at 08:24 PM.

My VIN:    05457

Glad this was helpful!

Great points. Yes, I did use the two piece approach. The instructions do call out in the materials section to use a single 3 foot board. I see in the PDF it is hard to tell that the board does not go the full length of the facia due to the angle the photo was taken. Maybe that caused confusion.
    Last edited by DavidProehl; 02-22-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    David Proehl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3