FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Knoxville, TN Tech Day in the Works! Mid-August?

My VIN:    10527

Knoxville, TN Tech Day in the Works! Mid-August?

Recently, I was put in touch with another D owner in the area and we have been tossing around the idea of resurrecting our old area DeLorean club (formerly ETDOC circa 1999-2005). Back in the day, under the direction of a guy named Aaron Posey, we used to have some pretty serious tech days at a local Cadillac dealership. The dealership is gone, but the local VW guru has a pretty nice garage with a lift that he would be willing to let us use. We thought this might be a cool way to get some people together and to gauge interest in future events. Right now we are looking at August 17 or August 24. Any thoughts?

John Weaver
    REDDMC #10527

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I remember the ETDOC days very well, it was a lot of fun. Who is the other owner you speak of? I didn't think anyone was still an owner anymore from those days, other than yourself. Are there specific projects you are wanting to accomplish? The 24th might be doable for me, but don't base your decision on just me. Anyone else interested?

Hey D.D., he's not a guy from back in the day. You know him however, his name is Ty Craig. We met on a mutual friend's facebook page.

My VIN:    006523

Club(s):   (DOA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

My name is Ty Craig. I am the other D owner in the area. I was not around in the days of Mr. Posey. I am not a mechanic but love the car. I would enjoy meeting any other fans or owners in the area. As a tidbit, another owner Kyle Metelka and I have sequential vin cars from 1981.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I cant make any of those weekends during the day, possibly could make it if they were in the evening or if you want to move it to sept I could meet for one then.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Definitely something I could attend as well. Only 90 min. away from me. Let me know.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Yeah, absolutely nothing is set in stone. We could do this in September or later in August. Really, just getting together some relatively local DeLorean folks would be cool, so we will do it whenever the most people can make it. I'm thinking that the car work stuff should focus on minor fixes (meaning let's not rebuild a transmission or anything). I know that Ty has a speedometer issue (angle drive perhaps) and needs to do his fuel sender boot. I don't currently have much that needs to be done except changing the oil maybe.

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

I can bring the tools, I spoke with Ty about his boot a few weeks ago, thats a simple repar. and is yours. which local VW mechanic?
    I have a few other owners in knox area that i could let them know about it but dont know if they will come or not.
    the earlier you can finalize a day in sept the better, ill make surte im off work that weekend

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I'm open to any date. Just give me a week or so notice.

Nice to see a tech day closer to me. The SEDOC needs to be renamed to the Atlanta Delorean Owners Club since that's where most all of the meet ups take place.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Naaa. We have had meets from just outside of Murphy, NC to Columbia, SC. and Gainesville....

We've just been a bunch of slackers lately!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast