FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Knoxville, TN Tech Day in the Works! Mid-August?

My VIN:    10527

Biker, my VW dude isn't a pro VW mechanic, just a shadetree with a really nice garage. I picked him because he will let us use his lift, etc. I've done the boot a few times as well, nothing to it. The speedo issue is relatively easy as well, so long as he doesn't need cables too. I've probably met the other owners around here, but I don't know where they've all gotten to. It would be nice to have a few out though. In any case, we shall pin down a date.

BTW, if anyone is close to Knoxville August 18, the local Audi/Porshce/VW/Fiat/Jaguar dealer is putting on a big cars and coffee event. I saw pics from the last one and there was only one DeLorean there. It would be cool to have a showing.

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That was me at the last Harper's cars and coffee. I got there kinda late but parked beside the merc sls gullwing. I'll try to make it to the sun august 18 show. it is always a huge turnout with lots of exotic cars.

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bikercmbc View Post
    I can bring the tools, I spoke with Ty about his boot a few weeks ago, thats a simple repar. and is yours. which local VW mechanic?
    I have a few other owners in knox area that i could let them know about it but dont know if they will come or not.
    the earlier you can finalize a day in sept the better, ill make surte im off work that weekend
    I'd come over from Nashville in September as long as Kyle puts me up at the lake house where I can sit on the dock and drink beer afterwards.
    Kirk

yes, you can stay and drink beer afterward.

Wait, I had forgotten that you (Biker) were Kyle. Haha! We met at Sean Howley's house years ago for some sort of barbeque. I gotta second 02378, beer and docks go well together.

yep, thats me. well we can plan a sat tech session and then a mountain run and then cookout after the drive if we want to.

OK, now we are talking! Starting to sound more like the fun we used to have back in the Posey days.

the lake house is way out in Vonore. there is enought room if we had a few car to do the tech session there if we want to but wouldnt have access to a lift, which from the repairs doesnt seem like we need one. its an option, if that where it turn out to be just need to make sure its ok to have people out there

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If I can fit coming down into my college schedule and the weather isn't bad, I'll be there. It's a good 2 hrs 33 min ride one way, but it gives me an excuse to take my Ninja on a nice long ride and see some DeLoreans.

My VIN:    16867

I'm a 50/50 for whatever you decide. I can come and probably claim the prize for the D with the most miles.

Dick Ryan
    Hendersonville , NC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast