FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise - August 17, 2013

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Woodward Dream Cruise - August 17, 2013

Woodward Dream Cruise 2013 - Saturday, August 17, 2013

The world's largest car show and car cruise will have another outstanding display of DeLorean automobiles
    for our third year at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz dealership. There is no better location to display
    our DeLoreans, to huge crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
    enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, both on display, and cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club
    DMC event, with cars from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles attending, both on
    and next to Woodward Ave, and potentially a million spectators, this Cruise is THE event for all gear-heads.

Things are changing around a little this year, with the drive-up registration moving up the driveway a bit,
    so if you have attended in the past two years, look for the signs as you pull up to the dealership driveway.

As with years past, we will have a few DMC POGs join us at the display, along with the POG Car (VIN...520)
    which is at POG Summer Camp in Grand Rapids, MI this year, with Parts POG Chris Duvall.

Contact any of the participating DeLorean clubs for a registration form or just contact Rich Weissensel.
    Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

(Note: there is a special DeLorean PDF Registration Form that we can email to those interested in attending)

For more details about any DeLorean Midwest Connection club events, check out the DMC Club website
    at: http://www.deloreanmidwest.com or Contact Rich Weissensel: [email protected]

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

For those who have inquired (and those who may be thinking about it), Yes, there is Cruising "all week" prior to the Saturday event,
    so some of us will plan on cruising Woodward Ave on Thursday Night and Friday Night, as well as during the Saturday event.

No specific plans for Friday, like the JZD Tour, the GM Museum Tour or the Lingfelter Museum Tour of years past, but we may end up
    meeting somewhere after doing some Woodward cruising on Friday afternoon and evening.

I have not decided what vehicle I will be bringing to Wooward this year, so stay tuned and check this thread again before August 15.

Less than two weeks away.

It might be a little late to try to pre-register through the official website, but you can still participate
    in the DeLorean display at the Bloomfield Township DeLorean display via the participating DMC clubs.

Hope to see many DeLoreans at Woodward this year.

The pre-registered Woodward Dream Cruise placards arrived today, nearly a week earlier than last year
    (but not personalized with a DeLorean photo this year, like previous years).

Registration-Placards.jpg

If you plan to attend Woodward with your DeLorean, please contact me in advance, for a parking placard.

Events Contact Email: [email protected]

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

BUMP. Who is going?
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    BUMP. Who is going?
    The WDC 2013 Confirmed List (with DeLoreans) as of today:

Rich Weissensel (Midwest club)
    Tony Swann (Midwest club)
    Jeff Synor (King POG)*
    Chris Duvall (Parts POG)*
    Bill S. (Midwest club)
    Jim L. (Midwest club)
    Byron (DMC MI Club) - stop by after work
    ?? (DMC MI Club)
    ??? (DMC MI Club)
    Ken Kapalowski (ODOC Club) - tentative

Visitors: James from DMCH - tentative

My VIN:    2953

Hope I can make it to this cruise someday.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Hope I can make it to this cruise someday.
    Hey Matt,

It would be great if you could make it out to Woodward one year (maybe in a future, non-DCS event year, like 2015?).

We have tried to encourage some of the East Coast DeLorean owners to make the trip West to the Detroit area, but
    we have yet to get folks from the East Coast to the Detroit area, with their DeLoreans, since JZD passed away in 2005.

With over 50,000 vehicles and over 1 million spectators, the Woodward Dream Cruise is really a sight to behold.

The long-range weather forecast is looking pretty good right now, with partly sunny and mid-70's expected for next weekend,
    with similar conditions expected for almost the entire week leading up to the "official" Saturday Woodward Dream Cruise event.

There have also been some recent legislation changes in Michigan earlier this year, which allows for registered collector cars
    to be driven during the entire month of August, without limitations, basically turning August in Michigan into a "Cruise Month".
    Woodward Cruising already started this past weekend (Aug. 3-4) and it is expected to continue to increase through Aug. 17
    and it is not expected to taper down significantly until the end of the month, on Saturday, August 31.

Can a "Cruise Month" help the economy in the Detroit area? It is most certainly not enough, but at least it is a good start.
    It would certainly make for a great comeback story...car collectors and car enthusiasts help to revive the Motor City area.

Later,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    The WDC 2013 Confirmed List (with DeLoreans) as of today:

Jeff Synor (King POG)*
    Bill S. (Midwest club)
    Jim L. (Midwest club)
    Byron (DMC MI Club) - stop by after work
    ?? (DMC MI Club)
    ??? (DMC MI Club)

Visitors: James from DMCH - tentative

Some additional details from Byron this afternoon, added to list.

The WDC 2013 Confirmed List (with DeLoreans) as of 08/08/13:

Jeff Synor (King POG)*
    Bill S. (Midwest club)
    Jim L. (Midwest club)
    Byron (DMC MI Club) - stop by after 3pm
    Adam Kollin (DMC MI Club)
    Josh - VIN..1798 (DMC MI Club)
    ???? (DMC MI Club)
    ????? (DMC MI Club)

Distant Visitors:
    James from DMCH - tentative

Local Visitors:
    Andrew Curzydlo
    Sam Roach - (Kazoo area)

My VIN:    16619

Myself (Steve G) and my girlfriend, Madison will be swinging by. Not bringing my DeLorean as the front end is still off.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast