FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo VR6 DeLorean

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very cool!

I wonder how much room will be left after the turbo is installed?

There is going to be a lot of room to access everything for maintenance and repair. I did a quick test fit of the turbo manifold and I have plenty of room to work with. I try to make it a point to make future repairs and maintenance a high priority because most of my cars are built to drive.

My VIN:    TBA

Leaving room for future maintenance: YES!

Quote Originally Posted by 82dmc-12 View Post
    There is going to be a lot of room to access everything for maintenance and repair. I did a quick test fit of the turbo manifold and I have plenty of room to work with. I try to make it a point to make future repairs and maintenance a high priority because most of my cars are built to drive.
    I used to be a crew chief on a plane that was designed with it's eventual shooting-down in mind. Hence, you had to practically disassemble it to get anything done in the engine bay. We had one teenie WAF who was worth her weight in gold, because she could shimmy up in there and change small parts, thus saving the rest of us about fourteen hours of work.

I am very impressed with the forethought being shown here. No wonder Eddie is revered here.

- okay, going back to reading and learning...

Quote Originally Posted by DWDuck View Post
    I used to be a crew chief on a plane that was designed with it's eventual shooting-down in mind. Hence, you had to practically disassemble it to get anything done in the engine bay. We had one teenie WAF who was worth her weight in gold, because she could shimmy up in there and change small parts, thus saving the rest of us about fourteen hours of work.

I am very impressed with the forethought being shown here. No wonder Eddie is revered here.

- okay, going back to reading and learning...

Thank you for the kind words! I truely enjoy each build I do and enjoy sharing with others.

I've made some more progress on Jeremiah's car. I got the turbo and manifold mounted and 50% of the oil return line. I need to swap the 45deg fitting for a 90 to give me more room for the exhaust. Tonight I pulled the transmission dip stick out and bead blasted it and painted it so it would look better next to the engine. I also have the remote oil filter hardware in so I can locate that in an easy to access location.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Going from a split bank 90 degree to a single head 15 degree certainly does open up a lot of engine bay space to have fun with

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

With all that space, don't you want to add another one have them work side by side?

This will look interesting when done. Nice clean job so far.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    With all that space, don't you want to add another one have them work side by side?

This will look interesting when done. Nice clean job so far.
    Don't forget this is just the block installed... the intake manifold will hang off the passenger side of the engine, and there will be turbo charge tubing added as well. Not to mention the exhaust routing, cat/muffler, fuel injection, ignition, alternator, and A/C compressor haven't been fitted yet, either. That engine compartment will end up being a bit more cozy than it looks now.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

I know. Was just messing with ya will look nice!

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse typos etc
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    3299

Fear not, Eddie will continue to impress and make many go "ooooooooo......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" very soon .
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast