FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo VR6 DeLorean

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post

I think next we need to see a third person video comparing this beast to a stock D rolling acceleration.
    DCS is only a month away .....
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Nice to get some hard data number! nothing beats torque!

Please tell you dyno operator to clean up that print out, why is there negative numbers on the Y axis for power and tq? thats not needed to display a power run. And is the the X axis on a time scale? Why not RPM? Ive run dozens of hours on a Mustang dyno, its pretty easy to fix up that graph, He should be able to load that saved run and fix the x and y axis for a new print out.

I think next we need to see a third person video comparing this beast to a stock D rolling acceleration.

I don't know how well this guy knew how to manipulate the SW. I will ask if he can do what you recommended. I should have asked for all the log files, I will ask next time.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Specs show rated torque to be 181 ft-lbs. @ 3200 rpm and rated horsepower to be 174 hp @ 5800 rpm. NA, torque builds fast in the lower band, then ramps down as horsepower climbs to its max in the upper band.

Combining the naturally torque happy motor with a small turbo = torque monster in the lower power band

Like you said, going to a bigger turbo would help even things out a bit, but then you'd also be increasing lag.

Regardless, it's still an AWESOME feat!
    I guess I am not use to working with automatic cars on the dyno but it is a very fun car to drive. we did what we planned to do and that was build a platform that has a lot of potential for the future. All Jeremiah has to do is decide between a built auto or go with a manual transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by seo motorsports View Post
    i guess i am not use to working with automatic cars on the dyno but it is a very fun car to drive. We did what we planned to do and that was build a platform that has a lot of potential for the future. All jeremiah has to do is decide between a built auto or go with a manual transmission.
    Man-U-al, Man-U-al, Man-U-al!!
    1-800-273-8255

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    DCS is only a month away .....
    Do you and Eddie think you guys will make it out to Kil-Kare on Thursday night for our little outing?

I may have a BAE turbo'd PRV car showing up to that event - it will be a lot of fun

We need to get Nick out there too with the LS1

BTW - For anyone who does plan on running on their car at the track on Thursday night, make sure you wear long pants, as shorts are not allowed on racers. Also, make sure that you're wearing at least a short sleeve shirt, as sleeveless shirts are not allowed on racers - leave the wife beaters and tank tops at the hotel.

My VIN:    3299

Do you and Eddie think you guys will make it out to Kil-Kare on Thursday night for our little outing?

I may have a BAE turbo'd PRV car showing up to that event - it will be a lot of fun

BTW - For anyone who does plan on running on their car at the track on Thursday night, make sure you wear long pants, as shorts are not allowed on racers. Also, make sure that you're wearing at least a short sleeve shirt, as sleeveless shirts are not allowed on racers - leave the wife beaters and tank tops at the hotel.
    We can, but we're not racing the turbo VR6 on a dragstrip. The worst thing we can do to this car is floor it at idle; the heat buildup in the transmission due to the torque converter holding pressure would be pretty massive.

This car is for blasting down the interstate - not drag racing. Just making that very clear before there's too much buildup of seeing it perform at idle.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I'm going to see what I can do but so far I can't make any promises until Friday. That week I'm driving from Orlando to Cincinnati, then Cincinnati to Detroit for business, then back to Cincinnati. After DCS I'm driving to Ashville, NC for a wedding, then back to Orlando. I'm not sure if I'll be free Thursday or not.

Do you know if Kilkare requires helmets? You should find out. Last time I went to Thursday Night Lightz was in 2012 and at the time it was hosted by Edgewater down in Cincinnati. At the time they required helmets for all drivers in cars running 1/4mi in 13.99sec or less.

I already am packing normal clothes, business clothes, a wedding suit, my typical road trip tools/extra parts, my pinball machine backglass, and I'm hoping to pickup a transmission at DCS to drive back to FL with (all in a DeLorean). Needless to say, space is precious. Bringing my helmet may not be in the cards.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I'm going to see what I can do but so far I can't make any promises until Friday. That week I'm driving from Orlando to Cincinnati, then Cincinnati to Detroit for business, then back to Cincinnati. After DCS I'm driving to Ashville, NC for a wedding, then back to Orlando. I'm not sure if I'll be free Thursday or not.

Do you know if Kilkare requires helmets? You should find out. Last time I went to Thursday Night Lightz was in 2012 and at the time it was hosted by Edgewater down in Cincinnati. At the time they required helmets for all drivers in cars running 1/4mi in 13.99sec or less.

I already am packing normal clothes, business clothes, a wedding suit, my typical road trip tools/extra parts, my pinball machine backglass, and I'm hoping to pickup a transmission at DCS to drive back to FL with (all in a DeLorean). Needless to say, space is precious. Bringing my helmet may not be in the cards.
    Thursday night is merely a test and tune session - not a structured elimination Night Lightz program, which is happening on Friday. That's why we're going out there on Thursday - we just want to screw around a little and have some fun, not competition race.

Helmets are only required if your car runs the 1/4 in less than 14 seconds, or as you already stated, 13.99 or less. I'll have a helmet there (even though I don't require one) for others to use if they need it and want to use it.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 05-14-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    We can, but we're not racing the turbo VR6 on a dragstrip. The worst thing we can do to this car is floor it at idle; the heat buildup in the transmission due to the torque converter holding pressure would be pretty massive.

This car is for blasting down the interstate - not drag racing. Just making that very clear before there's too much buildup of seeing it perform at idle.
    You can run your car down the track however you like - there's no rule saying that you have to floor it off the line....

Seeing as I'll have the stock/OEM NCTs on my car, I don't plan on beating on it any. Just going out there to have a good time

I don't think that any of us with D's are going to be bleach/water boxing our cars at all either
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 05-14-2014 at 08:54 PM.

I don't see running it at the track being a problem, just don't brake boost it at the start.

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast