FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo VR6 DeLorean

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I don't know - I think you're going to miss K-Jet and not know what to do with your time when you're not trouble shooting something every other week
    Um, nope. Sure won't miss it :P.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

I don't know - I think you're going to miss K-Jet and not know what to do with your time when you're not trouble shooting something every other week
    Oh, c'mon guys. K-Jet is not that bad. I've put a lot of miles on my two cars without ever touching the K-Jet. Absolutely trouble free miles with good performance. My 6149 with stock K-Jet would start right up every time, even in freezing weather (0F, -15C) and delivered 8 seconds 0-60 every time at 24MPG average. If you need to come back to it all the time it means you didn't fix it in the first place! Fix it right and be trouble free for a long time.
    I did have to fix mine when I first got the cars (clean, replace filters, replace injectors, replace seals) but after that I didn't have to worry about it anymore.
    I'm not saying that K-Jet is perfect but it is a very reliable system that works when fixed right.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Awesome job! looks and sounds amazing, and the BOV sounds just right I think. I don't have time to read everything but I hope to see some hard pulls, perhaps a drag time with it!

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    Oh, c'mon guys. K-Jet is not that bad. I've put a lot of miles on my two cars without ever touching the K-Jet. Absolutely trouble free miles with good performance. My 6149 with stock K-Jet would start right up every time, even in freezing weather (0F, -15C) and delivered 8 seconds 0-60 every time at 24MPG average. If you need to come back to it all the time it means you didn't fix it in the first place! Fix it right and be trouble free for a long time.
    I did have to fix mine when I first got the cars (clean, replace filters, replace injectors, replace seals) but after that I didn't have to worry about it anymore.
    I'm not saying that K-Jet is perfect but it is a very reliable system that works when fixed right.
    +1
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    10480

Shhhhh..... Imma get him to help restore my D in his spare time !!!

What "spare time" ??
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    10480

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    What "spare time" ??
    Awright, ya got me there

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today I drove the car to work on the new injectors and I must say it's not the same car. The car is much smoother and my A/F reading are very stable now. I guess it's a good thing to have six working injectors!

I replace the one leaking axle seal the transmission had last night and just need to install the new brake kit and this car should be ready to go.

Excellent stuff, Eddie!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SEO Motorsports View Post
    I replace the one leaking axle seal the transmission had last night and just need to install the new brake kit and this car should be ready to go.
    You make that sound like such a small job, lol. You actually pulled the drive shaft flange out of the transmission and replaced the lip seal? I assume you had to drain all the fluid right? Just want to be sure I'm thinking about the right seal. I guess having a lift really makes things nice

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast