FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [WANTED] - Working Betamax player

My VIN:    5482

[WANTED] - Working Betamax player

I might should have posted this under the for-sale misc section.

I'm looking for a WORKING Betamax player to convert old family movies to PC video files. By working I mean --> plays, rewinds, fast-forwards, stops, and ejects without issues. I've got approximately 30 tapes I need to convert. If anyone has a unit they'd like to sell, please reply to this thread or PM me.

Yes I'm aware eBay has quite a few at any given time; however, 50-75% of those are "for parts only".
    Jeff

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I might should have posted this under the for-sale misc section.

I'm looking for a WORKING Betamax player to convert old family movies to PC video files. By working I mean --> plays, rewinds, fast-forwards, stops, and ejects without issues. I've got approximately 30 tapes I need to convert. If anyone has a unit they'd like to sell, please reply to this thread or PM me.

Yes I'm aware eBay has quite a few at any given time; however, 50-75% of those are "for parts only".
    I have one I believe to be working, I can check. I don't know if I want to sell it for much the same reason as you and the fact that you probably wouldn't want to give me much.......
    I'd willing to lend it to you however. I have to drive right through Dallas on my way to Norman from Houston this Friday. I will be back through the area a few times over the next few months to retrieve.
    If you're interested I'll test the deck.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I have one I believe to be working, I can check. I don't know if I want to sell it for much the same reason as you and the fact that you probably wouldn't want to give me much.......
    I'd willing to lend it to you however. I have to drive right through Dallas on my way to Norman from Houston this Friday. I will be back through the area a few times over the next few months to retrieve.
    If you're interested I'll test the deck.
    Hey that would work. If you can test it and verify it works, we can make an arrangement. I appreciate it!
    Jeff

Banned

My VIN:    1798

I currently own about 30 Betamax VCR's.

Most are high end Sony SuperBeta Hi-Fi models, but I also have a few Sanyo and Toshiba models. All models I own are Hi-Fi Stereo, but not all are SuperBetas. All are 100% fully functional, have the original remotes, and most have the original manual.

I'd be willing to let one of the lower end Sony SuperBeta Hi-Fi machines (SL-HF450), guaranteed to work, go for an even $100 plus shipping.

http://www.betamaxcollectors.com/son...lsl-hf450.html

Let me know if you're interested.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post

Now there's a collector. . . . !
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Most are high end Sony SuperBeta Hi-Fi models, but I also have a few Sanyo and Toshiba models. All models I own are Hi-Fi Stereo, but not all are SuperBetas. All are 100% fully functional, have the original remotes, and most have the original manual.

I'd be willing to let one of the lower end Sony SuperBeta Hi-Fi machines (SL-HF450), guaranteed to work, go for an even $100 plus shipping.

http://www.betamaxcollectors.com/son...lsl-hf450.html

Let me know if you're interested.
    If I can't work something out w/ Spittybug, I'll be in touch. Thanks for the info.
    Jeff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Now there's a collector. . . . !
    You don't want to know how many VHS VCR's, 8mm/Hi8 VCR's, and LaserDisc players I currently own...

I also used to have a large collection of CED titles and equipment, but thankfully I was able to sell all that stuff on to another collector about 10 years ago.

Let's just say that I had a analog electronics overindulgence problem back in the late '90's
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 08-12-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    If I can't work something out w/ Spittybug, I'll be in touch. Thanks for the info.
    Sounds good!

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

You don't want to know how many VHS VCR's, 8mm/Hi8 VCR's, and LaserDisc players I currently own...

I also used to have a large collection of CED titles and equipment, but thankfully I was able to sell all that stuff on to another collector about 10 years ago.

Let's just say that I had a analog electronics overindulgence problem back in the late '90's
    Wow, CEDs. That's a blast from the past.
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

What a subject to come up on this forum! I just started the massive project of capturing my VHS and Hi8 tapes into the computer. Spent a good amount of time researching VCRs and time base correctors and such on the internet, but ultimately am using a VCR I already had as it is giving me good results.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast