FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The things people say that piss you off.

My VIN:    10110

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The things people say that piss you off.

I hate it when people say "Assume makes an ass out of you and me."

If one more person says this to me at work I think I'm going to lose it and punch them in the face.

The other day at a meeting someone asked why something wasn't correct. (information that I had added to the server)
    (Keep in mind this information was giving to me by the person asking)
    I responded "Well I assumed the files supplied to me were correct."
    To which they replied "You know what they say about assume."

I didn't even waste my breath to respond.
    If someone is that disparate to get the last word while ignoring the fact that their own information was incorrect, fuck'em.

My VIN:    10777

I agree dude, it's one of those words you can't use anymore without getting the same response.

What annoys me is how everyone uses "amazing" to describe something. I think Louis CK had an entire bit about this but I completely understood what he was talking about. "Oh that hot dog was amazing!" "It wasn't amazing, it was a fu--in' hot dog."

My VIN:    4534

I hate when someone says "whatever." It's an extremely rude dismissal. I'd prefer if they said "you're and idiot and I do not want to hear you speak anymore." Then at least I know they put some effort into it.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    5482

I hate it when people tell me to "Chill" or "Chill out" or "Chillax" . I usually respond with an explicative that gets the point across.
    Jeff

My VIN:    3305

I hate when I'm working hard and someone from outside comes and sarcasticallly says "workin' hard, uh?"... in a way that he means "there is no working hard in your job, instead it is always very relaxing".

But I've got a "zen" attitude in life so... nevermind

My VIN:    3937

My favorite annoyance is the overuse of corporate cliches. It seems like some folks try to use as many as possible thinking it makes them look or sound smart. I think they sound like fools most of the time.

I put together a little sarcastic "Mission Statement" with a few of these in mind a number of years ago. You'll recognize them if you've ever worked in this sort of environment...

Mission statement.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Two immediately come to mind: "axed" for "asked" and "my bad". I'm noticing that "axed" is finding its way into the professional world. It just seems like people are being lazy with their grammar. And when did "my bad" replace "I'm sorry"?

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I guess Im lucky I can't hear people talk anymore. I tend to get irritated reading when people write things using numbers as substitutes for entire words. I don't know why, but it really gets on my nerves. On another forum I belong to, I always get mechanical advice, but the main guy who replies constantly substitutes numbers for entire words.

The other people that irritate me are the ones who use abbreviations and acronyms a select few know and I have to ask what they mean or just ignore it and move on.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Oh, “my bad” is #1 for me. You’re not 6, you’re 36. Stop saying that.

#2 - A close second is when a server hands you something at a restaurant (menu, food, whatever ) and I say “thank you” and I get “uh huh” as a response. What, we are learning Professional Grunting now at server school?

#3 – “I need to speak to so-and-so”. No, you want to speak to so-and-so. You don’t need to.

#4 – Totes. As in “I will totes be there on Friday”. Teenagers, eh?

#5 – Illiterate Sign Writers – Followed a plumbers truck yesterday who proclaimed he was “Ensured and Licensed”. OK, some people aren’t too hot on speiling and gramer. That’s OK, but don’t make it your trade. (OK, that’s not exactly something people say, unless they are reading the sign out loud)

#6 - I've got a headache

I’m looking forward to becoming a Grumpy Old man and sitting on my rocker all day complaining.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6125

More of an annoyance than something that pisses me off:

VIN Number
    PIN Number
    ATM Machine
    LCD Display
    "For your FYI"

See:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAS_syndrome

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast