FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The things people say that piss you off.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I thought it was, "Fell/Falls through the cracks"...
    Whatever.

Edit: Better yet, same difference. LOL
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    People who don't know what "hello" and "goodbye" are supposed to mean. This happens to me all the time:

My cell phone rings.
    I answer it: "Hello."
    Caller: "Hello!"
    Silence.
    Caller: "Hello?"
    Me: "Yes, hello, we've done that. You called me. I said 'hello.' It's your turn now."
    On a similar note I always answer a call with my full name because the first thing they ask is if they can speak with me - yet so many people then still ask to speak with Chris... did you not just hear me say that's who I am?!
    Chris

My VIN:    1374

Barn find.
    A can of worms doesn't open itself.

Patrick Maruska Seattle WA USA.

My VIN:    3937

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

I am not too bothered at all about what people say in the real world. Rather, I am more agitated in the way things are written over the internet. Run-on sentences, sentences typed in all caps; the most commonly used acronyms would be a smaller pet peeve. Now, I am not trying to offend people that don't have English as their first language or they're kids. I just prefer to read sentences that seem more intelligent.

Filling the Piggy Bank deloreanman14's Avatar

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My biggest internet pet peeve has to be people who can't use there/they're/their and your/you're to save their lives. Also, am I the only one who has noticed that news stories now day type the number to refer to a quantity of something when it should be spelled out?

Example: Donna Smith is wanted on charges of attempted robbery during a hold-up of 1 friend last summer. That shit pisses me off and the fact that "revered" news sources like the AP are doing it makes it all the worse.
    DeLorean dreamer since early 2001, member since 2006 and the right job to start saving since 2017.

Savings Graph - As of 6.14.2017:
    0%====================100%

Quote Originally Posted by deloreanman14 View Post
    My biggest internet pet peeve has to be people who can't use there/they're/their and your/you're to save their lives. Also, am I the only one who has noticed that news stories now day type the number to refer to a quantity of something when it should be spelled out?

Example: Donna Smith is wanted on charges of attempted robbery during a hold-up of 1 friend last summer. That shit pisses me off and the fact that "revered" news sources like the AP are doing it makes it all the worse.
    Looks like I pass with flying colors, since I used my 'their' and 'they're' in the right places.

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

"Trending." This word is really being stuck in places where it doesn't belong; not to mention it's just sort of an annoying word to begin with (maybe that's just me). If you're using it in terms of frequent web searches, what is being frequently referenced on Twitter, etc., then fine. If something is being searched for or referenced in an increasing amount, then yes, that term technically applies. When people use it in other places is what ticks me off. For example, a radio station I listen to on my way to work uses it every morning to say what the morning news stories are on a local TV station. They say, "Here's what's trending now on WMBB." No, it's not what's trending, it's what's been reported. Makes me cringe every morning.
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5