FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Researching for going ignition control

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Thanks Ken! I'm not planning on physically implementing the ignition control until the winter, just planning/researching right now. You definitely know more about ignition than I do, so I may be consulting you in the future
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by dustybarn View Post
    The wire that connects to the distributor sense coil terminates in a Bosch PFI injector-style connector. I used a female injector connector and ran a dedicated twisted pair cable through the bulkhead, ignoring the original coaxial cable. I hooked up the cable to an oscilloscope and spun the distributor by hand to be sure I had the correct polarity. Now, the GM HEI module I used triggers on a downgoing zero crossing; I don't know what the MS VR circuit expects to see.
    MS can accommodate either direction. Rising or falling, it's just a toggle in the settings. Your twisted pair doesn't pick up too much ignition noise?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    1776

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    MS can accommodate either direction. Rising or falling, it's just a toggle in the settings. Your twisted pair doesn't pick up too much ignition noise?
    I haven't noticed any unusual spark scatter or any other anomalous ignition behavior, so I guess not. I did provide a separate ground wire for the ECM tray and the ignition module that goes directly to one of the valve cover bolts. That may help.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    So as I remember, the 3.57 boxes don't play nice with ignition control for our cars, but DIYAutoTune came up with a fix for it. Anyone know/remember what that was?
    I may the only one with the 3.57 box. DIY changed something in the box. Here is what the guy at DIY said: "The main difference between the V3.0 and V3.57 is the input impedance - it's higher on the V3.0. I have shipped this one with three
    resistor-on-a-wire jumpers to let you change the impedance. The one I
    think will be the best bet is a 15K with green leads, and I have put
    that in your ECU. There is also a red 10K and a blue 20K - use the red
    one if it won't sync at low RPM, or the blue if it's having high RPM
    problems but low RPM is fine. "
    Shannon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2