FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: My Delorean VIN 3305 - coming to Italy!!

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Wow... If the engine didn't need the compression from the exhaust i'd just leave them off! Great sound!
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

My VIN:    3305

It's just 1 out of a 2 steps job! I had the cat completely depleted, now it should work as a normal pipe (which is for sale in the Delorean stores, but I decided to put back on the empty cat ) and I bought two larger exhaust tips.

Any tips on how to work on the manifolds in order to have them smooth and nice???

... I think the time will come for a brand new sport exhaust, but looong in the future!!

ps It's been more than a week since I last drove the car... I MISS IT!

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

My Delorean VIN 3305 - coming to Italy!!

Manifolds need sandblasting.... And immediate high temp painting. If you do t do it the same day, the manifolds will show signs of rust again the following day!

I installed Renault alpine manifolds and went straight down in to two different exhausts . No catalyst... No ECU, no check valve no hot start or cold start problems. )))))

Just click and broooommmm!
    http://youtu.be/QyLFROCUKII
    Last edited by ALEXAKOS; 02-20-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    No catalyst... No ECU, no check valve no hot start or cold start problems. )))))
    exactly my setup.
    Rob van der Veer

Freedom!!!!!! Right Rob? What's it like with the MOT of the Netherlands? Ain't they Bitchin cause the cat is missing?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Freedom!!!!!! Right Rob? What's it like with the MOT of the Netherlands? Ain't they Bitchin cause the cat is missing?
    They don't care because of some rule it doesn't matter.
    Rob van der Veer

Some rules RULE!!!

New works!

Hi there! I'm back with good news!

We finally managed to finish the exhaust gasket job! We found some difficulties of course (pretty regular ). Studs in the manifolds were completely stuck into the iron and we had to create a new hole with a brand new thread! Interesting, and with some adjustments it went right! Some engine studs broke and my friend had to create some sort of little brackets to make the manifolds firm... he's a kind of a genius!! I then put on the old muffler (with brand new larger tips) and got rid of the cat. Now it sounds awesome and it's like breathing better!!!

P1020368 (FILEminimizer).jpgP1020369 (FILEminimizer).jpgP1020371 (FILEminimizer).jpgP1020435 (FILEminimizer).jpgP1020436 (FILEminimizer).jpgP1020438 (FILEminimizer).jpg2015-03-08 12.21.33.jpg

Then I finally stopped the engine from bleeding oil, there was a big drop from the oil pressure light thing on the left of the engine. The copper washer was completely blown, so we found a brass one in my uncle's laboratory. The outer diameter was exactly the same, but it was not fitting because the inner diameter was too small! then my uncle helped us with the "lathe" (he was a great blacksmith back in the days) and voilĂ*! The washer was ready!!

P1020431 (FILEminimizer).jpgWP_20150303_14_27_42_Pro.jpg

Another important work I performed lately was the PPR oring replacement. Really easy job, I noticed that the old internal oring (the smaller one) was kinda dancing around the plunger, so I put on the new ring and it was solid. No more hot start problems since then!! this was one of my best personal achievements! Very satisfactory!

Last but not least I wanted to install Hervey's fuel pump saver kit, since I was afraid of fuse #7 melting. And of course it was already melt when I went there to do the job! I've been lucky enough to get out of the garage!! I use the car as a daily driver, so it was predictable that the fuse was not really at his best! Anyway I was on time (almost... ). Installation is very simple, even though it can be uncomfortable to draw a wire from the pump to the relay compartment. I also grounded the pump to the left front frame extension and deeply cleaned it. (man what a dirty place!!) Pics shows the wrong wiring to the Circuit breaker, of course now I run with the red wire opposite to the brown one SPECIAL THANKS and hugs to mr. Dave McKeen for the support in this electric operation!! Today I've been using the car hardly, and though is still warm in there the fuse 7 (now extruded from the box) and the new relay are barely lukewarm. I plan to install a new fuse block, and as far as I can imagine it's going to be freaking TEDIOUS!

2015-03-11 17.08.25.jpg2015-03-11 17.07.58.jpg2015-03-11 17.08.05.jpg2015-03-11 17.08.12.jpg

A couple of final pics: my daddy washing the car and my friend's beetle together with the Dmc12 on a trip we did some days ago!!

2015-03-08 11.49.38.jpgcoppiadelmag.jpg
    Last edited by JohnZ; 03-15-2015 at 01:34 PM.

cooling kit

Did a couple of works yesterday, mainly focused on the cooling system.

At first we replaced all the cooling hoses with Ed Uding's kit. Too bad 2 of the hoses were missing in the kit, whereas we left aside some hoses that we ABSOLUTELY had no idea of where to put 'em . They're tiny and long, and one has a huge diameter but is really short... it will remain an unsolved mistery. Another complaint I may point (a part from 2 missing hoses) is that the box was full of kinda polyurethane small pieces. I agree that it is the right way to pack some fragile parts, but when it comes to hoses and bottles that's BAD! I checked every hose to be sure there were no poly pieces, but when we filled up the circuit with water we found one of this little bastards floating into the new stainless tank! aargh!

We removed it of course, but it was not funny!

So as you understood we also replaced the old plastic bottle with the steel one, and it did not fit! It was hitting the underbody, so we had to puts some nuts in the bracket to extrude the tank just a little bit. oh my

Any way it was fun in 10 hours or so we replaced all the components and now the engine bay looks really better! More modern and clean! Also, I feel safer!

some random pics:
    P1020455 _Lite.jpgP1020460 _Lite.jpgP1020468 _Lite.jpgP1020472 _Lite.jpgP1020475 _Lite.jpgP1020477 _Lite.jpgP1020497 _Lite.jpgP1020498 _Lite.jpgP1020500 _Lite.JPGP1020503 _Lite.jpgP1020506 _Lite.jpgP1020507 _Lite.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    So as you understood we also replaced the old plastic bottle with the steel one, and it did not fit! It was hitting the underbody, so we had to puts some nuts in the bracket to extrude the tank just a little bit. oh my
    Mine did that also. I bought the tank from Special T about 7 years ago. I would have thought the welding of the tank mounts would have been fixed by now.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast