FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Delorean VIN 3305 - coming to Italy!!

My VIN:    3305

Cool My Delorean VIN 3305 - coming to Italy!!

Hi there guys! With much pleasure I finally decided to share my joy with all of you!

After six long months of deep hunting and researching I found my Delorean! VIN 3305, August '81, manual transmission and grey interiors! The car comes from Indiana, mr. Jason from the Indiana Delorean Club gave me the opportunity to purchase this DMC. I have to thank him VERY much, I will always remember his kindness and support from the beginning of my adventure! It seemed a kind of a destiny to buy the car from him, since he was the first american guy I contacted in early January!

Then the second BIG thanks goes to my Greek friend ALEXAKOS! He has proven to be so brotherly with his advices and he definitely gave me the strength to achieve this wonderful purpose! I hope I will be able to return all of this, but after all I'm just at the beginning!

Now the car. It's in pretty good conditions, it needs clutch and brakes to be serviced, as well as the fuel accumulator. Gas struts are to be changed as well as the coolant bottle and all of those little but important things that a stock car have. Interiors are neat, no eye brows on the fascia and the engine starts and revs like a charm with just 21.000 miles on it! So I'm happy with it.

At the moment the car sits in Georgia waiting to be shipped to Italy (I come from north east of Italy), I think these are going to be the longest months of my life! But I feel so confident knowing that I've got you all as a support; moreover I'm a member of the Italian Delorean Club (there are more or less 50 DMCs in Italy) and they are supportive as well.

Here you have some pics:

102_3640.jpg 102_3583.jpg 102_3637.jpg

Loading 3305:
    05.jpg

Well... This is where the fun begins!!!

Last edited by JohnZ; 08-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Congrats.

Let the fun begin Luigi
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Ahah actually my name is Giovanni (which is "John"), but I used to love super Mario on the old NES so I appreciate "Luigi"!

Jason

Congratulations on your new purchase! I'm super excited for you.
    "I decided a couple nights ago that I'm going to own a delorean within 5 years"
    "Dude,have you ever been in one before, they are crappy"

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    Ahah actually my name is Giovanni (which is "John"), but I used to love super Mario on the old NES so I appreciate "Luigi"!

Oops. Sorry about that. One of the problems of tapatalk is that you can't see members signatures.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Congratulations! Very nice looking DeLorean.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    1710

Looks to be a very clean, totally original car; perfect for a full mechanical restoration. Congratulations on your purchase!
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

congrats on the purchase! Let the fun begin!

It took me a month to receive my car as well, it is definitely a difficult wait!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Yeah thank you my friends! What fascinates me now is that despite the fact that I've read tons of notions and features about our car (as well as James Espey's book, Stainless Steel Illusion and the latest Nick Sutton book which I literally devoured) I feel like there is still a world to learn! And I'm willing to do, and try, and test all that I can perform on the Delorean car by myself!

It's like now I'm into stage II of the whole thing, ready to become more and more skilled!

Banned

My VIN:    1798

AWESOME!!!

I just did a full brake job on #1798 - get the car up in the air, remove wheels/tires, pull all calipers, fully disassemble, meticulously clean all parts (I used lacquer thinner, brake cleaner, 300 & 400 grit sandpaper, green scotch bright pads, and several different sized/shaped brushes), replace corroded cylinders with new or decent condition used, reassemble with new pads/rubber/pins/shims (using the front/rear rebuild kits), replace all four soft lines with new, remove master cylinder and reservoir, clean reservoir, purge the system with compressed air to get as much of the old fluid/crap out of the lines (do this only after changing the soft line hoses, as if your soft lines are anything like mine were, they're probably packed solid with gelatinous crap and won't otherwise purge before changing), replace master cylinder with new and reinstall reservoir, install rebuilt calipers, fill the reservoir with new fluid, bleed each line separately until new fluid free from air bubbles purges from the caliper bleed valve, install new rubber bleed valve dust caps (included in the rebuild kit), install wheels/tires, get car back on the ground, enjoy your new brakes!

NOTE: I didn't need new rotors, as the originals were at 99% of spec or better and in good shape (didn't need to be turned), but you may need to pull your rotors as well and either have them turned/shaved-to-true or replaced with new.

All in all, what I did took me around 30 hours, including a trip to Crystal Lake to purchase the necessary parts from DMC-Midwest (I actually pulled an all nighter and worked straight through).

I also just changed the fuel pump, fuel accumulator, fuel filter, fuel distributor, soft-line fuel hoses, spark plugs, ignition distributor cap/rotor, coil, mounted/balanced new tires, ..... 11 days of nothing but straight work on the D (including 3 all nighters).

Best of luck and welcome to the wonderful world of D ownership!
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 08-15-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast