FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Delorean VIN 3305 - coming to Italy!!

My VIN:    4468

Very well done John. Many moons ago I think I advised you on the UK owners site to import a US D, rather than hunt around Europe for one? By the looks of it you have found a bobby dazzler.

Steve

My VIN:    3305

You're right there Stevey! I clearly remember your advice! I have to say that I had the chance to purchase a Jan 1982 here in Italy in April! Too bad the seller changed his mind about the selling so he still owns the car today! What a painful experience! I almost had it in my hands and a just second after it was gone!

Now I'm satisfied with this international purchase and I keep my finger crossed for everything to come!

By the way, let me thank a lot mr. Dick "Rad Dad" Ryan too! Despite our heavy age gap he's been friendly and supportive in these months of search!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I'm happy to read you finally found your DeLorean dream!
    Congratulation on your purchase, and enjoy the car when it will comes to Italy.
    You have a lot of owners out there whom will be able to help you without any problem.

My VIN:    16867

Hey Giovanni, no need to thank me. It was my pleasure to get to know you. There will be days when you may think " what the heck have I done?". But, those days pass (as does your money) and then you grin all over again. We will all be watching for your updates. Oh, there are only 50 or so years separating us - - no big deal!

Dick Ryan, The Rad Dad
    Vin 16867

My VIN:    5482

John - Very happy for you. You've been lurking around here for a while and it's nice to see all your hard work and dedication pay off. You'll have to keep us all posted on the shipping process. I seem to recall ALEXAKOS's car took months to finally receive. Hopefully yours doesn't take that long.

The pictures of the car look good. Looks to be a very original car as some of the other members have mentioned.

Wow! 50 cars in Italy?! That seems like a lot to me. I thought there were only about 200 cars in all of Europe. I don't recall where I heard that so don't hold me to that.

I think you made the right move getting one in the United States. I imagine it was a more lucrative move for you with a larger selection of cars.

Jeff

My VIN:    3028

Congratulations for taking the plunge. I have to admit I thought you were one of those that would lurk here and never buy one. Hope you enjoy her.

One piece of advice I would give you if possible, is before I imported my car into Canada, I wanted to send it to pj Grady to be fixed up before I got it. Unfortunately Rob didn't give me the time of day and told me he was too busy for me. At that time I wasn't aware of all the other great vendors. So if at all possible try to send the car to a DMC facility in the usa first before shipping it out and let them inspect it and fix anything you don't want to handle yourself.

Btw do,you have a name picked out for her yet?
    Barry

Ahah Jimmy I was about to give up (I was struggling to search my car) but in the end it all came naturally!

Dick: I start to realize that Delorean ownership is like a good love story, isn't it? I mean... lovely days, but on the other side I've got doubts and there will be a time when I will ask myself "why?" like you said... but love will still be there I think!

Jim do you mean a name for the car?? mmmmm, let me see it in person first (like the real babies) and the name will spring immediatly out of my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    One piece of advice I would give you if possible, is before I imported my car into Canada, I wanted to send it to pj Grady to be fixed up before I got it. Unfortunately Rob didn't give me the time of day and told me he was too busy for me. At that time I wasn't aware of all the other great vendors. So if at all possible try to send the car to a DMC facility in the usa first before shipping it out and let them inspect it and fix anything you don't want to handle yourself.?
    That's a good point. You see, here in Italy there is a guy which has been one of the first italian Delorean owners and he developed important skills concerning the car. So he does work on the car just like a trained Dmc mechanic (years ago he worked for Ed Uding in the Netherlands too). He's put his signature upon a lots of Delorean here in Italy, so the very first step is going to be this: bringing the car to his workshop for a complete inspection!

Moreover, I live in Veneto and the higher concentrations of Deloreans in Italy is... in Veneto! I've got 3 friends that owns the car and they're just 100 miles far from me! And they did A LOT of job on their cars since 2007. So I feel very confident about servicing the car here in Italy!

[QUOTE=JohnZ;116714]Yeah thank you my friends! What fascinates me now is that despite the fact that I've read tons of notions and features about our car (as well as James Espey's book, Stainless Steel Illusion and the latest Nick Sutton book which I literally devoured) I feel like there is still a world to learn! And I'm willing to do, and try, and test all that I can perform on the Delorean car by myself!

It's like now I'm into stage II of the whole thing, ready to become more and more skilled!

[/Q

I'm happy to see you finally got your Delorean. You've put up with a lot of rejections in your search, including mine, when I had mixed feelings about parting with the car. You'll enjoy this car on the roads of Italy and I envy you that opportunity. Here in Minnesota the "Delorean season" is too short with our long winters.

Bruce Benson

Yes I definitely picked up a lot of rejections but you don't have to worry, that is how things go in life!

Anyway, I don't really feel like a Delorean owner at the moment... I mean, the car is 4000 miles away and don't believe I actually own a Dmc by now!

Weird situation....

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast