FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: My Delorean VIN 3305 - coming to Italy!!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by jmpdmc View Post
    JohnZ,

Just to confirm for you the zip tie will not melt around the otterstat pipe and is great insurance for the clip to hold the otterstat in. I have used it for several years. Keep up the good work.

Jeff
    btw, you can get Stainless Steel zip ties also

http://www.amazon.com/Snap-Strip-Stainless-Steel-Pack/dp/B004C3CALS/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1413208083&sr= 1-5&keywords=Snap+Strip+Stainless+Steel+Zip+Tie

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

As Dave correctly said, I am also steering clear of any stainless on aluminum connections. The corrosion of aluminum is a sure thing. There was also a idea of a complete engine bolt set in stainless.. How nuts is that?

I'd also expect the zip tie to hold the max 99degrees Celsius. The only yhing hotter than that would be the all the exhaust components that run under there and could raise the temperatures significantly.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    3305

Just to update my thread, I solved the gearshift problem by adjusting the crossgate cable from the stick to the transmission! The nuts that kept the linkage adjusted were kinda loose and the shifter slowly lost its balance, moving little by little to the left portion of its housing!

My new adjustment made the shifter get back in the center, thus allowing perfect shifting!

Problem permanently solved? Only time will tell!

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

lol, there will be other issues!

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    lol, there will be other issues!
    Of course there will! Otherwise where's the fun??

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

I do not understand the concept 'fun' you speak about. (Looks like Data)
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    I do not understand the concept 'fun' you speak about. (Looks like Data)
    The game is afoot!
    We must find the understanding on the concept of 'Fun'.

image.jpg

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

exhaust down!

Here I am! After about 1500 miles trouble free and joy full (more or less ) it was about time to get dirty once again!

We aimed to replace the exhaust gaskets, remove the cat and the whole exhaust system and check everything! We did it at 70%, then the sun went down like the old Level 42 used to sing

It was hard as hell to remove all the nuts and stud and so on, particularly the M10 ones... we succeeded in destroying everything! luckily I have the new ones. NOT a single bolt was saved, and the cat was GLUED to the crossover pipe... it was harder to take everything out than working on the manifolds and remove the nuts with out breaking the M7 studs!

We used a blowtorch for working on the manifolds, and that was a good idea! They simply slipped out with no problems!

P1020244.jpgP1020251.jpgP1020228.jpgP1020235.jpgP1020238.jpgP1020242.jpg

Now I plan to replace the cat with a simple pipe, I want to overhaul the manifolds since as you can see they're not really smooth as they should be. I'm afraid that the gasket will not stick correctly down there... what do you think?

P1020259.jpgP1020260.jpg

I will of course replace the other gaskets too, put on the new heat shields. Then I want to upgrade the tips to the late style... hopefully a blacksmith will do the job!

thanks for your inputs, let's go forward!

PS: here's how VIN 3305 sounds with out the muffler... sorry but it was the first time I removed a muffler and I wanted to hear that kind of music!

nice works! yes I think the manifolds need to be resurfaced...
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Is that water pump / alternator belt put on backwards or is it just me???

That is sort of what mine sounds like with the custom exhausts.
    I am at 85 decibels when reving up to 2500 rpm..

Nice work Amico!
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast