FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Used Island twin turbo kit - mostly complete

My VIN:    10270

Used Island twin turbo kit - mostly complete

I picked up one of the Island TT kits that Josh was offering in this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?39...win-Turbo-Kits

I've decided against running twin turbos so I'm offering my kit for sale. I removed the existing studs from the manifolds in prep for having them machined and coated. Also removed the bolts from the exhaust housings and soaked them in prep for being rebuilt, but the turbos are still assembled. Due to time I've just not had a chance to do very much with it.

Referencing the original parts list, this kit comes with:

Exhaust & Turbos:
    2 DL-100 Turbos RHB5
    1 DL-101 L.H. Exhaust Manifold
    1 DL-102 R.H. Exhaust Manifold

Mufflers - turn-down tip style:
    1 DL-201 L.H. Turbine Exhaust Pipe Assembly
    1 DL-202 R.H. Turbine Exhaust Pipe Assembly

Intake parts:
    1 DL-301 Throttle Body Assembly with fitting
    1 DL-303 Top L.H. Compressor Suction pipe
    1 DL-304 Bottom L.H. Compressor Suction pipe
    1 DL-305 Top R.H. Compressor Suction pipe
    1 DL-306 Bottom R.H. Compressor Suction pipe

1 DL-401 L.H. Intake Manifold Adapter
    1 DL-402 R.H. Intake Manifold Adapter
    1 DL-403 L.H. Compressor Discharge Pipe
    1 DL-404 R.H. Compressor Discharge Pipe

Also have some of oil feed parts, can't recall which offhand, but everything in the oiling system is standard stuff you can pick up from Summit Racing or a similar racing shop.

Caveat: Josh sent me a pair of mismatched turbos. I've contacted him about getting a proper replacement but have not yet heard back. If you are interested in this kit, I will get that straightened out before sending it out. If you want to use adapters and switch to different turbos, even better.

So basically you'll get all of the parts that are genuinely unique to the Island kit. The rest of what came in the original kit is available from DPI, Summit, Jegs, eBay, etc.

Price: $750 + shipping
    Paid over $800 delivered so I'm taking a bit of a loss, but I want someone that can use it to have it.

Also have a new stainless stud kit if interested, will sell along with the kit at a discount as well.

Will have pictures up shortly!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Here's a shot of everything. Would be more than happy to take more pics, too!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron; 08-15-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: fixed that for ya
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Very cool. One thing I see missing from the kit is the alternator relocation bracket. That will need to be fabricated by whomever buys this. I think there were also some brackets in the kit to move the coolant bottle away from the relocated alternator.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    3997

Josh sells the Alternator Relocating Bracket
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    05287

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Josh sells the Alternator Relocating Bracket
    I have had emails back and fourth with him since I bought a set from him as well however long ago... Seems I get an email every couple of months... I had wanted a bracket as well but seems like he's very busy and has bigger projects to attend to... He does keep saying he has them / can make them.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

buffing the turbo

Those rough castings can be sanded and polished to look like chrome.

There are some good pics online of the relocation brackets (alternator & water bottle), and I've collected a fair amount of TT install photos to use as reference. I was going to make my own brackets when Josh mentioned that he had remade them in stainless. Both brackets are really pretty simple and should be easy to duplicate.

My VIN:    17142 (12142 originally)

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Given I have my engine torn down completely I'm somewhat tempted. But boy do I already have a ton of money invested in my car which is no where close to complete. Decisions, decisions. Sadly I've never even driven a D. Can't wait to get mine running so I can take one out for the first time

Tentatively sold, pending obtaining the replacement turbos from DPI

Still tentatively sold, maybe, but I can't seem to communicate with the relevant parties:

eagle-co94 - Can you clear you PM box? I can't send you any messages.

Josh @ DPI - Can you please return my telephone calls ASAP regarding the replacement turbos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast