FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 3D model - Time machine build

3D model - Time machine build

Hey guys, over a year ago I was modelling the BTTF Delorean. There were numerous sites I used for reference, but one in particular was very useful by the name of "bttfparts - time machines and more" on Facebook (Gary Weaver owned the page I believe). Unfortunately I can't find a trace of the images he uploaded now. Does anyone know if they're about somewhere or if there are any other useful resources I could use?

I'm a stickler for accuracy, but I know some of the guys on here push the details down to a millimeter and a number of the threads on here have been really helpful. If anyone's interested or has any feedback you can find more WIP images here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RxERm. It's been a while since I've worked on this now, but it's time to get stuck in again.

After some searching, it looks like most of Gary's stuff can still be accessed through archive.org, for example at: https://web.archive.org/web/20120408...bttfparts.com/

Hope that helps!

Great 3D model! I see some details there that even the most expensive scale models being sold do not have. PM sent.

Looking good. I have a time machine if you need help modeling anything specific. I actually was looking for a really nice model for a couple things. I found a few availible online that i was going to use as a base and correct. Are you a 3d modeler by trade?
    Shoot me a PM

My VIN:    it's over 9000....well 3070

there is a video series by DocsOutatimeTV outlining the pieces with dimensions and everything really great though you have to turn on subtitles as it is not English.....I made a playlist as he didn't have one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqpG...FDETxDMrdHoUcI btw your work is great....what is the final plan with your work? Every think about spliting it into 3d printable parts.
    Last edited by kgp4death; 03-05-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Really beautiful work!
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.