FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DMCTalk's November/December 2013 Forum Member of the Month: Soundkillr!!

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

DMCTalk's November/December 2013 Forum Member of the Month: Soundkillr!!

**Note: Since the holidays are approaching rapidly and DMCTalk staff tend to travel around this time of year, we've decided to have one person for the months of November and December to round out the year. Congratulations, Ben!!**

My name is Ben Davis. I grew up in Lilburn Ga, and was a avid car enthusiast for as long as I can remember. My first car was a 1975 Celica that my father bought new from a dealership in Marietta ga. My father handed the car down to me, and is now fully restored and remains in my stable of cars to this day. For me, the Celica was just the beginning of owning and restoring cars. I have had over 28 cars, many of which I have restored and sold as a hobby.

I had a fascination with Delorean's since i was nine. I was lucky enough to know someone who owned one, so i could frequent it often and detailed it for free, just to be able to ride in the car. Car rides soon turned to car drives, and i knew i had to own one. I came across my first delorean at age 18, and found it in the local paper. I had a mustang gt at the time, and went to the sellers house to look at the Delorean. The car was very rough but the price was right. Jokingly I asked the owner if he would be willing to make a trade. To my surprise he said yes, and before he had a chance to rethink his decision, the pink slip to my car was in his hands. The trade was done.

My first Delorean was rough and it took work to get it to run, but it was mine. I owned the car for only six short months before I sold it to someone who was committed to give it a full restoration. My time was limited, and I was looking for something that was nicer. My budget had also grown rapidly, so my search was on. I found my current delorean from a private collector in St Louis MO, and bought it after a low ball offer spawned from rough drive out there, a fight with my father, and severe lack of sleep. The car had 26k miles, had never been driven in the rain, stored in a climate controlled garage, and sported the original window sticker.

After my OCD kicked in, and after a full detail, a few minor interior parts, and a tune up, I was driving the car to car shows and taking 1st place at almost all of them. The car looked fantastic, but I was still let down by its power. I was lucky enough to find an original BAE turbo kit, and purchased it without hesitation. After weeks of research and calling old Delorean techs, I was ready to install the kit. With the help of my father and a few tuning techs, the kit was installed and the car was up and running. The car is now a blast to drive, and most importantly, I know the work was done correctly.

Fast forward 16 years, I am now married to my amazing wife Amy, and have two awesome little girls. I don't have much time to enjoy the Delorean anymore, but it still gets out from time to time. I am down from seven cars to four, the 1975 celica, the Delorean, a rail buggy and my daily driver an accord coupe. I no longer buy and restore cars, as time is limited with my family, but I still enjoy the few left in the stable.

Although I no longer restore cars, I am not far from the field. I have almost come full circle. I left the computer industry almost 10 years ago. I now own my own paintless dent removal company (Hail No) and specialize in high end automobiles. I often attribute the delorean and my passion for its perfection, as a stepping stone to where I am today. I take pride in what I do and work hard or the things I have. I believe it shows in the cars I own.

One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Congrats Ben.

Ben is the epitome of a DeLorean owner – knowledgeable, friendly, always willing to help and his car is a great advertisement for the marque.

If that’s not obvious from the above pictures, Ben has one of the nicest cleanest cars around. But he never hesitates to help out at tech sessions, which he has been attending for years. Great candidate for this award.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Thank you dermot, I appreciate the kind words!
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    03572

Congrats Ben. Always interesting hearing life stories. Look forward to meeting you someday.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Wow Ben! Impressed and not wondering WHY you are MotM!
    Congrats. Hope to hear more of you.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Congratulation
    Both cars are awesome!

My VIN:    5302

Another local! Congrats Ben, and yes, very well deserved!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Thank you guys! I love cars, and love restoring them. Love it even more when they are not mine I do wish I had more time, but the fact is, this is just a busy stage in my life. I would love to meet you all at a huge delorean event, but unfortunatly I barely have time for local sedoc events. I really appreciate the forum and all it's members here. The delorean community is like no other, (and I should know, I've had plenty of cars) you are all like extended family. There is more than one reason I have held on to the delorean as long as I have.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Ben's prize for this award is a letter 'E', which he gets to put in his username
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Absolutely LOVE the Celica!!!

PS: That's the biggest BOV I have ever seen!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast