FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What incentive does DMC or its franchises have for making super-reliable parts?

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

The DOC UK also re-sold them for a time but they too found Speedograph a pain to deal with.
    We are getting another batch done BUT it will take many months before they even start to make them. The guy who makes them at the company is sick. I'm keen as I need one for myself.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Has anyone purchased a new angle drive from DMCH recently?

Yesterday I installed the angle drive I just recently bought from DMCH and noticed that it looks different than the old one I bought from them. Most notably, the grease fitting is missing. (The instructions still indicate the grease fitting is there.) How do you go about lubricating these new ones?

I'm posting in here because I was hoping to come back and see the update they promised to write about the original subject, but didn't see anything.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5*9*

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Has anyone purchased a new angle drive from DMCH recently?

Yesterday I installed the angle drive I just recently bought from DMCH and noticed that it looks different than the old one I bought from them. Most notably, the grease fitting is missing. (The instructions still indicate the grease fitting is there.) How do you go about lubricating these new ones?

I'm posting in here because I was hoping to come back and see the update they promised to write about the original subject, but didn't see anything.
    I believe the recent ones are lubed and sealed for the life of the part. I have the same one you are referencing. With over 5k miles on it, I have not had an issue.
    5*9*

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Oh okay. I hope that's the case, and the new unit lasts me a good long time.

I also need to mention that DMCH has gladly provided me with a brand new check valve for my fuel pump issues. It was easy to install and all of my fuel problems seem to have vanished. I am happy.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCflux View Post
    I believe the recent ones are lubed and sealed for the life of the part. I have the same one you are referencing. With over 5k miles on it, I have not had an issue.
    I hate "sealed for life" parts. In the end it just means the life if the part is shorter. No matter what, eventually all greases, oils, and lubricants break down. It's one thing on a part with no access, but on a part like this, why not? I got a DMCH angle drive with grease fitting in 2007. I grease it about once a year and it's performed great so far!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5