FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean in games

My VIN:    #4222

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

DeLorean in games

I am not a big video game player, but I do end up playing some current PC and console games. There has been a large push for "retro" games recently and on more than one occasion the mark of the 80s "retro" game is the DeLorean. This is in no way intended to be advertising, just funny how DeLoreans are slowly getting bigger in the media.

First off, the easy one, the Back to the Future game. A point-and-click style RPG where you are Marty McFly and go on crazy adventures with Doc. The story is meant to be an alternate to the original BttF movies, splitting off fairly early on. http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf Should be obvious how the DeLorean is involved.

Hotline Miami is meant to be a GTA style game. I personally did not like it, spent maybe 5 minutes playing. However, your main mode of travel is a top-down view of a DeLorean: http://hotline-miami.wikia.com/wiki/Car Although, the headlights are wrong, but its very much a D.

Game Dev Tycoon is a Tycoon style game set in the 80s and moving forward of running a game development studio. I have never actually played this game, but the images of it look like you start out working in your garage. In said garage is a mostly covered up car that is unmistakably a DeLorean; it even has oil spots, albeit on the wrong side of the car: http://www.greenheartgames.com/app/game-dev-tycoon/ (scroll down a bit to get the picture I am talking about).
    -Kris

My VIN:    16823

Club(s):   (DMA)

Yes the D has been popping up in games more recently. A few I can think of are:

Project Gotham Racing: http://achievementhunter.com/members...php?id=2532468
    Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport (both covered in this article):http://www.onlineracedriver.com/2011...lorean-battle/
    Grand Theft Auto IV had a mod done for the BTTF Car that can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m3-xw_BOwo
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City which was based in the 80s (and one of my all time favorite games!) had a Delorean-like car called the Deluxo:http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-sa...deluxo-hd.html

I'm sure there are more but that is what I can think of off the top of my head
    Anthony

1983 DMC-12 VIN 16823
    2014 BMW M5

My VIN:    4534

The kids that grew up with BTTF are now producers and writers. This is why we're getting blockbusters like Avengers and they're done well. I think we're going to see the DMC-12 popping up in more places and games.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    5482

I remember my friend bought this game when it came out and I was so disappointed that there wasn't a DeLorean in the game.

Jeff

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Jesus, that looks like the most utterly useless "trying to capitalize on a movie" video game ever created. The gameplay is so generic and has ZERO to do with the films. What a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I was so disappointed that there wasn't a DeLorean in the game.
    There is. It's at the very end.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Jesus, that looks like the most utterly useless "trying to capitalize on a movie" video game ever created. The gameplay is so generic and has ZERO to do with the films. What a fucking joke.
    It really was a terrible game. It reminds me a lot of this one on the Atari 2600:

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter
    There is. It's at the very end.
    Oh I must have missed it. We never got very far in it and moved on to Tecmo Bowl.
    Jeff

The Telltale game was more of a sequel to the movie trilogy cause it made references to Clara and Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen. I played it, it was pretty cool.

I bought GT5 for the DeLorean, and after realizing that you simply can't purchase the car but have to win it via completing all the license tests, I stopped playing. Instead, I got Forza 3 and bought the car. I got 2 of them, one to about 200hp, and the other to around 450hp or so for grins. My only complaint is that the game doesn't render the stainless right, but instead it looks like a light gray. understandable though.
    2004 Acura RSX Type S - Daily Driver
    1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - No, not a lowrider

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

'Retro City Rampage' is another retro-styled parody open world crime game. The main NPC ally is almost a direct copy of Doc Brown and you drive his DeLorean on many of the missions.

My VIN:    1374

GT6 will have the Delorean "S2" return with 1000+ other cars that were part of GT5. Im dying for them to include the E30 M3 though.
    A can of worms doesn't open itself.

Patrick Maruska Seattle WA USA.

My VIN:    16823

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I remember my friend bought this game when it came out and I was so disappointed that there wasn't a DeLorean in the game.
    It was an awful game, I was so disappointed as kid being such a big fan of BTTF and the Delorean. It is at the very end. If you guys have never seen the "Angry video game nerd" videos, look at his reviews of the games below, they are hilarious, especially if you played these games as a kid like I did, NSFW as there is a lot of cursing, as there should be because these games were so frustrating

Anthony

1983 DMC-12 VIN 16823
    2014 BMW M5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast