FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: John, SpecialT, and his "business practices"

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

My most recent D parts shopping involved two online orders, one each to John at SpecialT and to DMCH on the same week sometime in early July.

Both order processes were hassle-free. The parts I wanted were in stock at both places.

Both orders arrived here in California exactly on time.

One of the SpecialT parts involved a core charge that was no problem, same as in past with similar parts from John.

After years and years of D ownership and parts ordering I've yet to have a single problem with any of the several D parts vendors I've used. Very happy to have all of them backing me up.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    01955

I think a few Aussie owners have tried to source parts off John, including myself and never got a reply back. This was ages ago before I got in contact with Julee and Dave. Rest is history.

My VIN:    05141

I am sure every vendor cannot please every one. Always someone will complain.

I have bought things from John serval times from Europe and all went perfectly well.
    What I am saying is that there are not that many Delorean part vendores out there; +I respect those introducing new things to the market.
    If you do not like to work with John, that is fine, get another source.

The message is clear, if it is urgent, call upon order. What are you trying to accomplish here? I'd rather still have a choice ampong vendors if you know what I mean.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    06361

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing this. In fact, for a lot of payment processing this is required information. The security code exists for that reason - security.

This is one hell of an unfounded claim. You really should learn a little bit more about how credit card processing works before you start throwing around accusations like that. I understand that the lay person doesn't know (or care) about how this stuff works, but that means you're pretty much disqualified from assumptions.

Source: I'm a PCI QSA.
    Most problem is my not quite good translation I know that security code is... a security code :P I'm sorry, I'm not lay... I'm a programmer, I'm sure you know more and more than me, I don't doubt
    But... not always, but here in Italy it's more often that websites redirect on a bank page where you can enter the infos. I don't order a lot of international stuff, but in my opinion the "look" "not assures on security".

I apologize for what I've written if they were rubbish!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

There is a much more different approach to security of credit cards in Europe with their "chip & pin" terminals where the card never leaves the owners hand, so I can understand camus85's concerns.

In the US, we hand over our cards to any minimum-wage waiter/server that asks for it, so they introduced the "security code" as some sort of proof that the owner actually has the card in his/her hand (when purchasing something on-line), rather than someone having "skimmed" a copy of the actual card number (at least that's my understanding as a "lay" person ;0 )

They much prefer to do bank-to-bank transfers in Europe too. I am trying to but a couple of things in Europe from a company that doesn't take paypal, or credit cards over the phone, so I am trying to do a bank transfer using SWIFT/ICAN/BIC numbers which Americans just don't ever deal with.

many people there even have their own personal card readers connected to their homePC, in order to bank on-line

camus85 - it is very common on US websites to enter your card number, expiration date and security code. In many ways, the security code is just an extra 3 or 4 digits on the end of your card number.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10