FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is the 1 amp inline radio fuse necessary after upgrades?

rather than splice it out i took your advice and put a 15 amp fuse in there.
    So the tree would work from 20>15>10 amp fuses. I think that should do it.

Now i'm having an issue with my Kenwood deck and the remote wire. Im hooked up my amp's remote wire to the Kenwood deck "blue with white stripe" and when the stereo powers up it shuts off like the power has been cut. It just doesn't like that for some reason.

I think the best "plan B" is run a wire from the fuse 17 or the purple wire going to the deck. I'll put an inline fuse there as well.

I know that blue/white wire is suppose to work like this but with my luck in not surprised it doesn't...

Question

Where exactly is the factory inline fuse located in the wiring harness? Is there one for both battery and ignition?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    Where exactly is the factory inline fuse located in the wiring harness? Is there one for both battery and ignition?
    Those inline fuses are up near the deck. At the back of the deck that is.

I took mine out when I did my stereo upgrade. I kept the main fuses in the fuse/relay area behind the passenger seat, which protects through both of the power wires, and there is also a micro fuse built into the back of my Alpine deck.

You can see the inline fuse holders in this photo, just behind my hand (the photo was of the connector, but you can also see the fuses coincidentally).

IMG_3209.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2