FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean For Sale - Freemont,MI - 05754

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I'll replace it with one of DMCH's replica units from DMC-Midwest - not quite the huge deal that everyone makes it out to be, IMHO.
    Last I heard couple weeks ago (July), they were out of stock until September.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Sounds like Dennis had other problems if his coolant return was hot enough to melt right through the thermoplastic housing.

Why would Houston be reproducing a plastic bottle if only a metal one suffices due to ordinary coolant temperatures?
    Like Bruce pointed out, they split/burst along the seam that runs down the middle of the bottle. I've heard of quite a few owners coolant bottles bursting over the years, one even occurred at a DeLorean Mid Atlantic driving tour several years back. That bottle didn't have any hairline cracks or yellowing, from what I heard. Some people have problems with their bottles, others don't. Even though I prefer the look of the plastic bottles, I did not implement them in either of my cars. I drove my DeLoreans often, sometimes long distances from home. I always figured it was better to have over engineered parts when it came to DeLoreans, since they have so many well-documented weak points already.
    Louie Golden

Banned

My VIN:    1798

1,000 plus mile trips are not unheard of for my car. I'm also still running the Ducey, and up until a month ago, still had the original NCT's on the car!

I guess I just like living dangerously
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 08-26-2013 at 06:06 PM.

My VIN:    6125

So my friend Matt ended up buying this car a couple weeks back and worked out a great purchase price with the seller. He basically got a running, driving car with a very good interior at a parts car price. Hopefully we see him pop on here from time to time with some updates and more info on the car.

I stopped by his place last week to check out the car and I took a few photos. I'll post a few later on when I get them off my phone.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Last I heard couple weeks ago (July), they were out of stock until September.
    They are out of stock. And there may be a reason, other than people buying them. I bought one, and in 60 miles it split. They were kind enough to work it out with me, but admitted they may have an issue with them. Last I heard they were reworking the plastic so it was less prone to split.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    6125

VIN 6125 on the left (my car) and VIN 5754 on the right (Matt's)

My VIN:    2628

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    VIN 6125 on the left (my car) and VIN 5754 on the right (Matt's)

His car looks pretty good.
    He looks like he got a great deal!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    I think Dennis (DMC5180) needs to post his photo of a stock/OEM plastic coolant bottle with the huge melted hole in it, made from really hot coolant return.
    Finally found a couple of photos that I took of the hole "blasted" through the stock/OEM plastic coolant bottle.

Blown-Plastic-1.jpg

Blown-Plastic-2.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2