FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Racing Della

Racing Della

For my 51st birthday, I took Della (4805) out for a spin on MSR Houston's road track with a local car club. We had about 20 cars seperated into two classes, advanced and novice. I ran in the novice class. Yes she was the slowest car on the track, however I did manage to over take 2 Mustang Cobras! The track was a bit wet from a recent rain and the rear engine, low power, auto trans combination allowed me to corner faster than the 'stangs. They may have left me on the straights but I quickly caught them on the curves! Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I highly recommended it! The track workers were very excited to see a De Lorean on their track as it was definitely a first!

I have photos from the event posted on my facebook page at the following link for those interested: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...6332360&type=3

Here is one photo from the event to give you an idea of what I did.
    raceday.jpg

My VIN:    4534

That's awesome. Glad you had fun and got to show those Cobras that power isn't everything.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    6125

It's always cool to see a DeLorean on the track! Sounds like you had lots of fun