FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Ulster Transport Museum Cars

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Fantastic document.

Almost certainly the third name is Des - a very popular name there at the time.

So this is 514, now at the museum. Anyone got a vin plate photo of it? (I checked Shannons database, and nothing)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

The signatures are Chris Bradley Foreman of the development work shop , David Winnington who worked for Chris and unfortunately I don't know the full name of Des who also signed the document.

The DeLorean Story: The car, the people the scandal. http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-S...delorean+story

Dessie Murray is the full name of the last test driver...stumbled upon copies of an internal employee magazine called "The Steering Column" which had a brief mention of Vin 514 and road testing in Northern Ireland Chris, David and Dessie get a wee mention. I found the images below on the deloreanclubuk webpage....

Last edited by DMCNI; 09-22-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    It wasn't a production car so it didn't need all little bits installed and didn't have them to begin with. All things considered, it's actually been preserved rather well.

The car's interior was intact when I seen it in 1994 apart from the glove box lid missing of course.According to the museum the car has been intentionally damaged and security stepped up around the car afew years ago. I wish they had kept the doors closed like they did in 94.

indicator stalks are broken off, steering wheel damaged, buttons missing, gear stick knob gone and just more general wear inside since I last seen it (I was down there last week) pretty sickening given the cars history.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Fantastic document.

Almost certainly the third name is Des - a very popular name there at the time.

So this is 514, now at the museum. Anyone got a vin plate photo of it? (I checked Shannons database, and nothing)

HERES A VIN PICTURE OF THE TRANSPORT MUSEUM CAR http://www.flickr.com/photos/christo...n/10844219115/

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by chris brennan View Post
    HERES A VIN PICTURE OF THE TRANSPORT MUSEUM CAR http://www.flickr.com/photos/christo...n/10844219115/
    Thanks for the photo link Chris. The photo answers several questions, all at once.

- confirms the VIN itself (VIN...514)
    - confirms the type of dash plate (early style, painted over - paint is slightly worn)
    - confirms the dash plate was glued onto the dash (not riveted in place)

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Great stuff!

How did you get such a clear shot through the glass?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Just held my hand up to get rid of reflections..I asked permission to get close to the car and had a good discussion with the curator, He told me they had some trouble with one individual who was pulling parts off the car and tried to sell them in Belfast but the museum was immediately told about it...apparently its not the only car that's suffered!!

Job well done fella

I wonder why they blacked out the vin plate?

And why did the vin plates change from the made in Belfast N Ireland to the other style?

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCNI View Post
    Job well done fella

I wonder why they blacked out the vin plate?

And why did the vin plates change from the made in Belfast N Ireland to the other style?
    The early VIN dash plates were a polished stainless steel finish, which can be rather distracting when driving into the sun,
    due to the angle of the dash and the position of the VIN plate in relation to the driver's view out of the windshield.

I have first hand experience driving VIN...520 several thousand miles since the paint was removed from the dash plate.
    Yes, it can be a bit distracting, but I enjoy the distraction, since this type of tag is so rare, it makes early cars unique.

When the paint was added to the early VIN dash plates, a decision was made to replace later plates with aluminum tags
    that were painted. In the right light, most of the early tags can be checked for lettering, even if the paint is left on.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast