FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ulster Transport Museum Cars

My VIN:    3937

Interesting how there are many pieces left off the 50k car and it sounds like some that were never installed in the first place. If they are testing endurance, you can make the case for not needing these parts (glovebox lid for example), however, when you see testing methods nowadays, it seems the emphasis is on making the test as real world accurate as possible. So you would think you would test the car in the same exact condition as customers would buy them? Not possible perhaps given the state of the company early on.

Like these car polish or paint sealant commercials where they run it through 52 car washes in a row... yea, I get that it is supposed to mimic washing your car all year long, but it's not quite the same IMO.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Like these car polish or paint sealant commercials where they run it through 52 car washes in a row... yea, I get that it is supposed to mimic washing your car all year long, but it's not quite the same IMO.
    The latest series of these product endurance test commercials seem to be a bit suspect, especially when they separate half the car with blue masking tape.

It seems a bit odd that the temporary masking tape does not appear any worse for wear after the 52 car washes, so how is the washing considered "wear".

I know the tape is there to separate the areas with and without product applied, but having the masking tape look great after 52 washes, hmmm...

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I wonder what kind of device is this on the dashboard, a radio system to communicate with others cars?
    Attached Images

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

That's a CB radio, quite popular at the time (CB -Citizens Band)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

All right, I see.
    I still have one in my daily driver

The car in the Ulster Museum was the third 50K mile car - only two were required but three were allocated to the programme. Good job really because one caught fire because of incorrect wiring routing. Paul Fricker the engine man from Lotus told me the story how he was frog marched from one side of the Dunmurry site to the other to witness the results of his work. The car is VIN 535 and looks quite sad in the museum. As many have said - no doubt every now and again another part of the car is liberated either for a collector or ends up for sale on ebay.

Nick

The DeLorean Story: The car, the people the scandal. http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-S...delorean+story

Someone on the UK forum said the test car of the museum is VIN 514?
    So, which one is good, 514 or 535? Just curious.

The Ulster Transport Museum Cars

I wonder what the range was on the CB?

Did the test pilots use them to stay in touch with each others cars or were they used to communicate with Dunmurry?

Is the car in the Ulster Museum Auto or manual?

The DeLorean Story: The car, the people the scandal. http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-S...delorean+story

Quote Originally Posted by nick sutton View Post
    Is the car in the Ulster Museum Auto or manual?
    Looks like it is a manual.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast