Ok, I recently posted about a cooling issue. I bought a tester and there is exhaust gas in the coolant. Head gasket time! I'm taking it to an engine shop next week for a verification. My engine has 70K miles.

My restoration replaced/refurbished pretty much everything in the fuel and cooling system.
The car was running perfectly until this happened. Cold start, warm start, idle etc. I felt it was 100% reliable.

I found this quide about it
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/c...vereplace.html

Assuming this is correct.. some of my options are.

1) Replace it, call it a day.
2) Replace it, send the heads out to be reconditioned. (good shop near me other people on this board recommend) about 300 I think.
3) Replace it, get the hi-performance cams and get the heads reconditioned. (Which will also mean new exhaust... 2K )
4) Find a 3.0L 1990-1991 PRV and get EFI. (I've read a ton about this.. I know it's not a plug and play by any means.)

Then, it's the "while in there syndrome"

Do I do anything to the bottom end too?

I would like more HP of course, but it kills me to put so much money in my wheesy PRV.

Heck, a crate engine from summit racing is cheaper then tricking out my old tired PRV. Of course I do not have anywhere near the skill to fabricate like Nicholas did with his LS1 swap.

Suggestions from the Gurus?

Thanks
Jeff