FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: EFI Guys, post your .MSQ files so that we have a library of them

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

EFI Guys, post your .MSQ files so that we have a library of them

As the title says, if you've got a tune that is working well for you or just would like others to take a look at yours, post it! Rename it to something other than "current tune" and help us to keep them identifiable.

When you do, make sure you give us some other info; are you stock or modified? Boosted or NA? Where do you believe it to be lacking? Or exceeding expectations? Do you have dyno data?

We've got quite a few Megasquirters at this point and a few other EFI technologies too. It's time we share some data!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I'll go first.

I've been working on the timing and I think I need a little more, a little earlier, but this one isn't bad at all.
    NA, stock engine other than my EFI work and removing ballast resistors and going with a modern coil.
    While autotune gets you close and makes your drive better as it adjusts the VE table, in the end I think recording a log and then letting autotune adjust is may be better. Then smooth it.

Notice I have a nice little valley for idle. This mimics stock and the vacuum solenoid cutoff at the throttle switch. Idle is pretty damned solid now when warm. Still fiddling with warmup. Still fiddling with acceleration, but not far off.

To those not familiar, if you double click to open the file, Tuner Studio should ask you if you want to do this in an existing project. Choose NO and a temporary one will be opened. Ignore any "errors" that may exist depending on your version versus mine.
    Attached Files
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

This is a great idea. I hope to join this thread eventually!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

I really want to get into this. My K-Jet works well enough, but the idea of going to fully programmable EFI is very appealing!
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    06960

I'll get mine up here as soon as I have a wideband O2 sensor that lasts long enough to finish a tune. While I have been daily-driving my car on Megasquirt for nearly 4 seasons, I've never been comfortable enough with the tune to say "I'm done!" (even though we all know there is no such thing). Plus I really want to add ignition control over the next winter, change out the throttle body, etc.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Here is mine. I've spent a lot of time on getting the VE table just right. Between the well tuned VE, and the EGO control, I'm hitting within 5% of the desired AFR for every cell that I realistically hit while driving.

My engine setup is as follows:

Renault Z7U intake manifold and throttle body
    Accel 24 lb/hr injectors
    DPI heads, cams, exhaust

Hopefully someone finds this useful.

Final M Lund VIN01049.msq
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze