FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMC - UK and European Dealer Networks Query

DMC - UK and European Dealer Networks Query

We all know DMC were exploring the option of selling the cars on the UK/European market (right hand drive cars were being tested etc).

Had the DeLorean Motor Company considered how they would sell the cars in these markets?

Joint dealer franchises similar to the American market was most likely the way forward, does anyone know if any dealerships had been approached in the UK or beyond?

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by DMCNI View Post
    We all know DMC were exploring the option of selling the cars on the UK/European market (right hand drive cars were being tested etc).

Had the DeLorean Motor Company considered how they would sell the cars in these markets?

Joint dealer franchises similar to the American market was most likely the way forward, does anyone know if any dealerships had been approached in the UK or beyond?
    Speaking with Roy Nesseth's son Jeff a few years back, the next big plan for DMC was to create a European market with Roy presiding over it. Many people unfairly thought that Roy was a bodyguard or a heavy, but the truth is that he was learning the upper aspects of the automotive business having already known about individual sales and distribution from his years prior. He was just preparing for his future roll.

I don't know how far DMC got into the founding stages of setting up a dealer network in Europe, but having achieved the success of the North American one Nesseth would have been the perfect choice.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Many people unfairly thought that Roy was a bodyguard or a heavy
    Dick Brown thinks otherwise...

My VIN:    12173

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by DMCNI View Post
    ...does anyone know if any dealerships had been approached in the UK or beyond?
    Hi DMCNI,

Check out Richard Gadeselli's article in Performance Car, January 1984. On page 46 there's some information about the proposed European dealer network.

I contacted Richard a few years back to ask if he had any more info about this but he had sold the car many years beforehand and had unfortunately disposed of all his old notes so this article and a couple of others that he wrote around the same time are all that remains of the research he did.
    Phil Peters
    VIN #12173