FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: manual transmission stuck in 1 st gear , any idea ?

My VIN:    17111

manual transmission stuck in 1 st gear , any idea ?

first of all , the clutch kit , slave and master cylinder are 1 year old and i did change the oil in the same time ....the transmission was shifting very smoothly , i did a 80 miles run this morning , i stoped the car for 3 hrs and now , it's stuck in first gear.

it`s look to be the transmssion, anyone else had the same problem ? or any thoughts ?

And anyone can answer this other question : how much money a year a DeLorean nead to be happy ....is it worst than an ex-wife ?

Hopefully , i dont have an ex- wife......but if i continue to put money on this car , it may happen.

Thanks

My VIN:    03572

Does the shifter feel like normal? Maybe linkage broke.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

i remove the shiter from the transmission and i'm unable to shift it directly on the transmission

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by krustydmc View Post
    i remove the shiter from the transmission and i'm unable to shift it directly on the transmission
    It takes a fair amount force to move the shift lever at the transmission by hand. When I've needed to do that with the push rod disconnected, I've used an adjustable (cresent) wrench gripped on the vertical part of the lever. I'm thinking you might have the Crossgate cable adjustment slightly off. It seems unusual to not be able pull it out of gear. Is your Clutch releasing when you step on the pedal? If not, you could be binding internally. If put your left on the ground and step on the clutch pedal with your right foot can you roll the car?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by krustydmc View Post
    Did it feel normal before you removed it from the transmission? Last time I saw a manual stuck in gear, the pivot bolt that holds the bellcrank assembly had come loose. #17 in the picture.

- Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    It takes a fair amount force to move the shift lever at the transmission by hand. When I've needed to do that with the push rod disconnected, I've used an adjustable (cresent) wrench gripped on the vertical part of the lever. I'm thinking you might have the Crossgate cable adjustment slightly off. It seems unusual to not be able pull it out of gear. Is your Clutch releasing when you step on the pedal? If not, you could be binding internally. If put your left on the ground and step on the clutch pedal with your right foot can you roll the car?
    +1

Try rocking it both ways...

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    +1

Try rocking it both ways...
    Try with the motor off. Try with the linkage disconnected at the transmission. if you still can't shift you can try removing the front cover and shifting things there. If you STILL can't shift it you will be removing it.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

I had a very similar thing a couple of months ago. No problems with any gears, then when evening I tried to shift it into reverse and it seemed to get "stuck" fast. I couldn't get it into 1st, reverse or neutral. No matter what I tried it wouldn't budge. Then, when I jacked up the car from the back, lifting both wheels from the ground, it just popped out of gear and has been fine ever since.

Might be all it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    i did some test , if i push to car wont moves .....put if i press the clutch pedal , the car moves....so not a clutch problem

i remove the shifter rod from the transmission , still not possible to move it.....i will try to remove the cable tonight

thanks for your help

Thanks guys for your help , the cable was out of aligment....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast