FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 80 amp DUCELLIER and window motor

My VIN:    1058

80 amp DUCELLIER and window motor

The alternator has been rebuilt and is in working order. I have it posted on ebay for $60

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130978437297...84.m1555.l2649

I have a driver side window motor setup that is also in working order. I have it posted for $30

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130977688187...84.m1555.l2649

The alternator is posted for $50 actually.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

When the alternator was rebuilt, was the output capacity upped at all by a tighter winding? Depending upon what the 'rebuild' actually entailed, I might be interested.

My VIN:    10110

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just placed a bid on the window motor.
    Mine "works" but it never stops trying to roll up the window and makes a grinding noise.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    When the alternator was rebuilt, was the output capacity upped at all by a tighter winding? Depending upon what the 'rebuild' actually entailed, I might be interested.
    I do not know the history of the rebuild. I took it to a local place a few days ago to up the amps. When they told me they couldnt i ordered a new one from DMCH. I assume it is the factory 80 amps because it can not keep up at idle. I did have it tested and i know for a fact it is working.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace427 View Post
    I do not know the history of the rebuild. I took it to a local place a few days ago to up the amps. When they told me they couldnt i ordered a new one from DMCH. I assume it is the factory 80 amps because it can not keep up at idle. I did have it tested and i know for a fact it is working.
    Hmm... thanks for the info and honesty! I'm concerned by your comment that "it can not keep up at idle," as I haven't had any major problems with my Ducey. It sometimes dips at idle, but this is usually only momentarily. Is the situation with yours a continuous problem at idle, or more a momentary situation like mine? Are you running a heavier than stock electrical load on your car by chance? I still may be interested, but you've raised a lot of questions for me.

Thanks!

i put the Ducellier back up for $40

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130984999648...84.m1555.l2649