FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: The Controversial PRV Engine - history of the PRV V-6

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The Controversial PRV Engine - history of the PRV V-6

Had not seen these RanWhenParked PRV reference pieces in this forum before. Parts 1-3 in order at links below.

Have a look at the interesting engine-tech and car info regarding the beloved PRV V-6 engine.

You can read these to see how many different ways the Douvrin crew screwed pieces onto PRV's over the years and discover why the distributor cap on a PRV looks a bit odd, at least until the even-fire variants came out. And why the PRV is a 90deg V-6 instead of a 60deg design.

Excerpt from Part 3:The PRV engine is indeed controversial. Many Volvo enthusiasts will insist it was terrible and reference the bullet-proof “red-block” four-cylinders, while many French car fans will claim it wasn’t so bad, and after all, a PRV powered Peugeot reached 253 mph at LeMans. DeLorean owners have often lamented that the engine claimed the life of their DMC-12 in a devastating self-destructive blaze, while those who owned PRV powered Dodge Monacos or Eagle Premiers probably didn’t care enough about their cars one way or another.
    Last edited by Rich; 08-09-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

And yet the PRV powered Alpine and Venturi supercars were totally ignored in these articles. The comment about the Island twin kits shows how well researched the articles are.

The bottom photo is my old car.

Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

what a terrible article. Missed everything great about the PRV platform. Written by someone with no business writing at all.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    what a terrible article. Missed everything great about the PRV platform. Written by someone with no business writing at all.
    I agree - but as we chased real expert Earl Hickey the forum, it's the best we currently have, unfortunately....

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    And yet the PRV powered Alpine and Venturi supercars were totally ignored in these articles. The comment about the Island twin kits shows how well researched the articles are.

The bottom photo is my old car.
    While the articles did skip the Venturi you might look again and give us an opinion about their Alpine A310 coverage in the last half of the Pt. 2 article, second link in the original post?

Did the Alpine line really suffer in the European marketplace because of its econo-Renault affiliation as they say?
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

have you ever seen pictures of the "never-mass-produced" PRV V8?

prv v8 1.jpgprv v8 2.jpgprv v8.jpg
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.