FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean windshield

My VIN:    3270

Delorean windshield

Called DMCH a few weeks ago for the price of a windshield including shipping, I was told they have no windshields in stock.
    Casey Barlow
    Delorean VIN#3270
    5 spd,gray interior
    Performance custom built PRV v6, performance camshafts, Arias Pistons, Special T Auto headers,Stainless fuel lines, ST Auto cooling fans, Eibach springs,DMCNW poly sway bar bushings, PJ Grady taillight boards, Stainless brake hoses sold sold

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillydmc View Post
    Called DMCH a few weeks ago for the price of a windshield including shipping, I was told they have no windshields in stock.
    Have you tried calling Julee at DMCMW to see if they had any? I picked up an extra in June while I was in Chicago to avoid shipping charges and they had a couple in stock. The box is HUGE!

If you're traveling anywhere close to a vendor soon, it will be worth your time to pick it up directly from them to avoid the shipping cost.
    Attached Images
    Kirk

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

And did you ask DMCH when they plan to receive their next shipment of windshields?

The supplier is overseas and the orders are made in small batches so there are likely to be times when our demand does not match up with the DMCH supply and forecast back to the windshield factory. There have been times when they had none in the past if I recall.

My VIN:    4534

Ugh, that sucks. What happened to yours?
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    3305

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The supplier is overseas
    Does this mean that whenever I will in need of a windshield I will be able to deal with the supplier, bypassing the DMCH? Just to avoid double shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    Ugh, that sucks. What happened to yours?
    Hey, Yea thats sucks, my windshield has a small crack I got while driving.
    Casey Barlow
    Delorean VIN#3270
    5 spd,gray interior
    Performance custom built PRV v6, performance camshafts, Arias Pistons, Special T Auto headers,Stainless fuel lines, ST Auto cooling fans, Eibach springs,DMCNW poly sway bar bushings, PJ Grady taillight boards, Stainless brake hoses sold sold

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And did you ask DMCH when they plan to receive their next shipment of windshields?

The supplier is overseas and the orders are made in small batches so there are likely to be times when our demand does not match up with the DMCH supply and forecast back to the windshield factory. There have been times when they had none in the past if I recall.
    Yes, They said about a month or so.
    Casey Barlow
    Delorean VIN#3270
    5 spd,gray interior

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Have you tried calling Julee at DMCMW to see if they had any? I picked up an extra in June while I was in Chicago to avoid shipping charges and they had a couple in stock. The box is HUGE!

If you're traveling anywhere close to a vendor soon, it will be worth your time to pick it up directly from them to avoid the shipping cost.
    Thanks! I will keep that in mind
    Casey Barlow
    Delorean VIN#3270
    5 spd,gray interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    Does this mean that whenever I will in need of a windshield I will be able to deal with the supplier, bypassing the DMCH? Just to avoid double shipping!
    I think they get them from the UK but I am sure you can get then from Ed at DMCEU. I doubt that he gets them from Houston.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3305

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I think they get them from the UK but I am sure you can get then from Ed at DMCEU. I doubt that he gets them from Houston.
    Yes Ed has got the windshield, but what if I was able to buy it directly to the manufacturer? That would be cost-saving!

Anyway I guess that windshield troubles are unlikely at the moment!

Just out of curiosity... where are they made?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast