FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Semi-annual rear sway bar options check

My VIN:    10270

Semi-annual rear sway bar options check

Wondering if there is any news on availability of a rear anti roll bar kit yet? I know the Addco is still available but I'd rather have a more robust solution that doesn't require upgrades right out of the box.

I get the feeling that the rear ASB is the Oak Island of the DeLorean suspension upgrade world
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Owner/Vendor

My VIN:    2248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Rear Sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Wondering if there is any news on availability of a rear anti roll bar kit yet? I know the Addco is still available but I'd rather have a more robust solution that doesn't require upgrades right out of the box.
    The ADDCO bar will crack the frame. I guarantee it, based on personal knowledge. However, the rear sway bar project is next on my list for completion. The new front strut brace is essentially done and will be available shortly, so the rear sway bar will be next. We have most of the parts already made, and just need a couple of welded assemblies to get done, along with some plating. Now I've done it ... ;-)
    Toby Peterson
    DeLorean Service Northwest
    DeLorean Parts Northwest

Fantastic!

Now get back to work on it!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

I personally do not like the addco sway bar as you loose over an inch of ground clearance. I have wanted a rear bar for many years but gave up waiting so I made my own bar that goes through the Center section of the rear frame and reinforced the pointing points. My bar is a custom race hollow straight bar with detachable end links so it can be removed from either side. My bar does not sacrifice any ground clearance as I seen this done on other cars.

My VIN:    5092

Quote Originally Posted by BK2DFUTR View Post
    I personally do not like the addco sway bar as you loose over an inch of ground clearance. I have wanted a rear bar for many years but gave up waiting so I made my own bar that goes through the Center section of the rear frame and reinforced the pointing points. My bar is a custom race hollow straight bar with detachable end links so it can be removed from either side. My bar does not sacrifice any ground clearance as I seen this done on other cars.
    I would love to see some pics if you have any

Quote Originally Posted by DMCNW Toby View Post
    The ADDCO bar will crack the frame. I guarantee it, based on personal knowledge. However, the rear sway bar project is next on my list for completion. The new front strut brace is essentially done and will be available shortly, so the rear sway bar will be next. We have most of the parts already made, and just need a couple of welded assemblies to get done, along with some plating. Now I've done it ... ;-)
    Hello,
    I saw that one month ago the new front strut bar have been finally released any news about the rear sway bar project?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Zora sez: "this car needs a sway bar!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

Will 2018 be the year?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very cool letter, thanks for sharing. Here's hoping! Makes you wonder what might have been the result if the company and production were able to continue at the time. Rear anti-sway bar, a twin turbo option, etc.

After all, the first year (1953) Corvette, all 300 of the extremely limited production, while a good looking car, was not really sporty mechanically. The subsequent years improved, and much more so when Zora arrived on the scene.

It's fortunate that DMCH has much of this paperwork. I bought their redesigned inner door seals last fall that were made off a later production change that they found, and they are brilliant.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 01-28-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)