FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Convex Heated Mirrors and Black stainless shift knobs coming soon!

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Extended Convex Heated Mirrors and Black stainless shift knobs coming soon!

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am starting a new production run for the Extended Convex Mirrors with and without heating option. I have already updated my website with this information. I'm expecting to have the mirrors ready by the end of the month. Once they become available I will update my website and post in this thread.
    If you don't know what the Extended Convex Mirrors are please visit my website where you can read all about them and see pictures of what they look like and how they improve the rear vision.

Another product that will be available soon is the BLACK stainless steel shift knob. There will be a very limited number of knobs available. I will have two with DMC logo and two with shift pattern. That is all. Once they are gone I will not be making any more. This is my old stock made about 6 years ago that I'm just having finished now. The costs of making them ended up much higher than expected and at this time I just want to recover my investment.
    The black knobs are made out of solid 304 Stainless Steel. The shape was made on a CNC lathe. The finish is a black chrome applied in a special electro-chemical process by one of the largest arms manufacturers in Europe. It is the same black chrome that is applied to guns used by armed forces - beautiful and tough.

If you are interested in one of these products please watch this thread or visit my website for status updates - you'll find the link in my signature below.

Thank you.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Sweet! Convex mirrors are relatively high on my to do list, can't wait!
    Could you post a comparison picture of your extended convex mirrors vs regular convex mirrors? Your page only shows regular stock mirrors vs extended convex. (I'm not trying to dump on your product, just get an accurate comparison for value. Your extended convex mirrors are almost twice as expensive as Delorean Europe's)
    Last edited by jackb; 10-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Sweet! Convex mirrors are relatively high on my to do list, can't wait!
    Could you post a comparison picture of your extended convex mirrors vs regular convex mirrors? Your page only shows regular stock mirrors vs extended convex. (I'm not trying to dump on your product, just get an accurate comparison for value. Your extended convex mirrors are almost twice as expensive as Delorean Europe's)
    It's OK to ask! I don't mind

I don't have a set of the convex mirrors so I have no way of getting a picture. Regular convex mirrors are about half way between OEM flat mirrors and the extended convex ones. They don't have the vertical line and don't really eliminate blind spots. Yes, they do extend the field of view but you still have to turn around to make sure no one is "hiding" in your blind spot. People often do that when looking at the car.
    The extended convex mirrors are more expensive because the manufacturing process is a lot more complex. I had a chance to compare flat, convex and extended convex mirrors when I ordered my very first set and decided that the extended section is worth the higher price. Maybe there's someone who can chime in? Anyone had a chance to compare them?
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

New mirrors with heaters, very impressive!
    Will yours have the written DMC logo on them too?

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    New mirrors with heaters, very impressive!
    Will yours have the written DMC logo on them too?
    Domi,
    This is nothing new! I've sold over 300 sets already! The first sets were sold in 2005.
    Should I add the logo? Up until now I did not have anything on the mirrors, no logo, no writing of any sort but I'll see if I can add it.
    One thing I can tell you for sure. I will NOT be adding this stupid "Objects in mirrors are closer than they appear" line. I don't think it's necessary.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    One thing I can tell you for sure. I will NOT be adding this stupid "Objects in mirrors are closer than they appear" line. I don't think it's necessary.
    Yes, you're right.
    But if I remember well, a friend of mine bought a set from DeLorean Europe and it has a small DMC logo on the bottom, and I thought it was a nice touch.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Blech, noooo!!! Keep the mirror clean. The DMC letters are on enough things, I don't need to see them in the mirror too! Optional, maybe, but please not on all of them
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    2953

I still have a set of the heated ones still in a box. I just haven't put then on yet. I want to order all new mirrors because one of mine moves left and right, but not up and down, and the other one is just the opposite.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    [...] has a small DMC logo on the bottom, and I thought it was a nice touch.
    Hey! Got some good news. I can make the logo or anything else you'd like to see on the mirror. Your VIN, your name, your own logo... whatever!
    For the logo we have two options.
    Option one: filled black letters
    P1080124.jpg

Option two: outline only, black lines
    P1080117.jpg

Which option would you prefer? I think the second option with just the outline looks a lot better. It's there but not "in your face". We can have the logo in any size and placed anywhere on the mirror. I can even make the logo the size of the entire mirror with a very thin line that will only be visible up close. Any preferences?

Note: Those are actual pictures of a real test mirror that I had done today. The logo looks almost "too perfect" to be real but it actually is. It is made with a laser and it comes out just perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Blech, noooo!!! Keep the mirror clean. The DMC letters are on enough things, I don't need to see them in the mirror too! Optional, maybe, but please not on all of them
    I do agree but on the other hand it's a nice logo and it's nice to look at
    I will offer clean mirrors without the logo but I will add the logo at no additional cost. This will be a per order deal. Does that sound good?
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    Option two: outline only, black lines
    P1080117.jpg
    Option two sounds good. (or with the outline like the original logo?)
    logo140.png
    I think you could place the logo like this:
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast