FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Convex Heated Mirrors and Black stainless shift knobs coming soon!

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I just replied to your email- I'm not worried. It gets here when it get's here.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I'm not worried. It gets here when it get's here.
    Same with me. I'm not in any hurry.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Hi guys,
    I did some digging and I've found that what happened with my latest shipments is actually perfectly "normal" for the ISC (International Service Center) in New York City. This facility is just next to the JFK airport and handles all shipments coming to and going out of the US . There are two additional ISCs in the US but they handle traffic from other parts of the world. Apparently this place is a perfect example of what a total mess is at this time of year. From what I have found this facility is understaffed but receives hundreds of thousands of shipments every single day. This is where all initial sorting is happening and where customs inspects every single package. With all that extra load (Christmas is just around the corner) delays up to a MONTH are to be expected!

Taking all that into an account I have made a difficult decision that I will NOT ship anything to the US until this situation improves. I'm sorry guys but I just don't want the trouble... I always strive to provide the best service possible but with such delays it just makes no sense.
    I can still take your orders in but shipping will be delayed until the situation in NY improves. From what I've found this should be around mid January.
    Sorry...

This only affects the US and Canada. All other countries are NOT affected.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

George, I've got some good news for you! Your mirrors magically reappeared in the USPS tracking system!
    As of right now the package is in NY and is on its way to you.
    Hopefully the other two missing packages will reappear as well.

Please do let me know when your mirrors arrive.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    George, I've got some good news for you! Your mirrors magically reappeared in the USPS tracking system!
    As of right now the package is in NY and is on its way to you.
    Hopefully the other two missing packages will reappear as well.

Please do let me know when your mirrors arrive.
    Thanks for the update Tom!
    With Christmas I hadn't even bothered checking, (Not that I was in a hurry anyway).

I'll let you know when they arrive. I hope the others reappear soon.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

As of Dec. 30th one of the missing packages magically reappeared in the USPS tracking system and was finally delivered to George. Better late than never, but 25 days is not the best of achievements for USPS. Average transit time is 8 to 10 days!
    Two more packages are still not in the tracking system while two others are still sitting at the ICS in New York City. I believe that all four are just sitting there waiting for their turn. All shipments to the US leave Poland on the very same day I send them out.
    I have already filed a complaint about slow delivery but if nothing changes I will file an official claim for lost shipments.
    For all you guys waiting for your mirrors... Please be patient. I'm monitoring the shipments and if and when they show up in the tracking system I will send you a direct email to let you know that the package is moving again. I'm really sorry for the delay but it's beyond my control. It's USPS that is causing the delays. What I might suggest is that you call USPS. The more complains they receive from unhappy customers the better the chance that they will do something about it.

You might wonder why I'm using USPS while there are other options available. The reason is very simple - price. I've gotten quotes from DHL, FedEx and UPS. Here's what I got (the prices are actually lower for 2014):
    DHL: $110
    FedEx: $160 Economy and $180 Priority
    UPS: $180 Saver and $190 Express
    This calculations are based on shipping one set of mirrors to an address in the US. With prices this high I cannot offer free shipping but if someone is willing to pay the extra price I can use your preferred shipper.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

My VIN:    10904

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    For all you guys waiting for your mirrors... Please be patient.
    It'll get here. I'm not worried about it. I buy surplus electronics equipment out of China from time to time and this type of thing happens. Haven't had to make a claim yet.

-Bob

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Unfortunately, the ones I ordered are still in limbo in New York. But no rush, I'll get them when I get them. For anyone still waiting, if you use your tracking number from the email Tom sent, there is a link on the right side of the USPS tracking page for "Email Updates". This way you won't have to check every day or so, you should get an email when your package starts moving again in the system. I've done some contracting work at the local USPS distribution center and something like this doesn't surprise me. But that's all I'm going to say, I'm going to start moving into that forbidden topic if I go any further!

My VIN:    2953

I'm interested in seeing that black shift knob.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

I was told that USPS is really backed up now and it will take them a better part of January to catch up.. oh well..
    I will start filing claims next week if nothing changes. Maybe this will prompt them to get those packages moving. At this time four sets of mirrors are stuck with Neo at a train station and I guess I have to talk to the train master

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm interested in seeing that black shift knob.
    You can see pictures of all my products on my website. The link is in my signature below.

Here are the pictures:

I have two knobs with logo. The shift pattern knobs are all gone and I will not be making any more, sorry.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast