FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Convex Heated Mirrors and Black stainless shift knobs coming soon!

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Here's an update for the shipments that were MIA.
    I was about to file a claim with the post office but just to be sure I checked the tracking info one last time and surprise! Two packages that were missing, magically appeared in the USPS' system! I guess I will not be filing that claim after all.
    The two packages are going to:
    Robert in NM
    Jack in AZ
    The tracking info reads:
    Your item was processed through and left our KEARNY, NJ 07032 facility on January 6, 2014 at 10:48 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    I guess you'll be receiving your mirrors soon...

The other two packages going to:
    Kayo in NYC
    Eric in MD
    Your mirrors appear to be stuck in the sorting facility in NY.

I hope the USPS will get up to speed soon so I can start shipping to the US and Canada again.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Got mine today and they look awesome! Tom did a great job and I love the engraving!

uploadfromtaptalk1389992666790.jpg

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Awesome picture without any reflects

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    Got mine today and they look awesome! Tom did a great job and I love the engraving!

uploadfromtaptalk1389992666790.jpg
    VERY nice picture! It's almost impossible to take a good picture of a mirror. This looks great!

BTW, it seems that the USPS is again up to speed and I have decided to start shipping to the US again.
    As it turns out ALL of my shipments made it to their destinations. None were lost but the transit time has been really impressive. One set of mirrors sent out on December 4th was delivered on January 13th! This was an absolute record for being slow. A big thank you to the people at the USPS in NYC.

If you are interested in a set of your own extended convex mirrors or LED door lights you can order them now. Shipping on the next business day.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

My VIN:    10904

Mine eventually did make it. I have one installed. The only recommendation that I have that I didn't see in the manual is to tie a string to the connector before you pull it through and out of the door. It was a pain in the ass to get back in there. I used a fish tape and one of those long grabber tools to reach inside and grab the end of the fish tape just below where the mirror usually lives.

I'm looking forward to getting my car on the road again tomorrow to see how the mirror performs.

-Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rdarlington View Post
    The only recommendation that I have that I didn't see in the manual is to tie a string to the connector before you pull it through and out of the door. It was a pain in the ass to get back in there.

I'm looking forward to getting my car on the road again tomorrow to see how the mirror performs.

-Bob
    Bob,

I do recommend using a piece of stiff wire that you push through and then pull the wires with it. Makes running those wires a lot easier.
    If you look at my installation guide PDF go to page 2 and there you'll see tool number 11 - a piece of stiff wire about 2' long to pull wires inside the door.
    Then go to page number 19 to see a picture where I show that piece of wire pulling the connector into the door.
    Using a stiff wire allows you to push it through first. Then you can make a hook at the end of the wire or use some black electrical tape to attach the wires to it. Then you just pull the whole thing through and you are done. Simple.

Please let us know how you like your new mirrors once you have a chance to try them out in real driving environment.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

My VIN:    10904

I will go back and re-read the instructions. I saw the bit about using the wire to pull the cable and connector through but didn't see anything about attaching it while pulling the cables out (thus pulling the stiff wire through the door). I knew better and still allowed myself to pull those wires out of the door! I won't make that mistake on the passenger side.

today I received a special package from deloreana.com shiny heated mirrors!

2014-02-03 16.15.24.jpg
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    6125

I finally ordered a set of the extended convex mirrors...heated with logo. Only two sets of these left and only one set of non heated w/ no logo. The rest of the options are already sold out. Anyone else who was on the fence should grab one of these last few sets before they are gone.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    One thing I can tell you for sure. I will NOT be adding this stupid "Objects in mirrors are closer than they appear" line. I don't think it's necessary.
    Not even "Fire trails are closer than they appear" or "Libyans are closer than they appear"?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast