FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Extended Convex Heated Mirrors and Black stainless shift knobs coming soon!

My VIN:    07000

Get my D next week and can't wait to order and get some of these.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Extended Convex Mirrors have arrived at P.J.Grady Inc.

The long awaited convex mirrors have finally arrived from deloreana.com in Europe. There are only 15 sets in the shipment and four are spoken for. I'm going to save a few for in shop use so that leaves approximately eight sets left.

They are available as follows; Ext. Convex Mirror Kits with or without heaters and with or without DMC logos

Part # Desc. Cost
    111420GB With Heaters & DMC Logos $150-
    111420GC Without Heaters or Logos 145-
    111420GH With Heater No Logos 150-
    111420GL With Logo No Heater (Sorry none of these are available until next order) $145-

I recommend getting the heaters even if you don't hook them up as they can't be retrofitted if you change your mind. The heaters are even useful in the summer to dry off the glass quickly when it rains. There is no need for an on/off switch as the voltage draw is minimal. I got a custom logo set for my green Delorean and can't wait to install them. You can special order any inscription you want at no extra cost if you are not in a hurry. Your initials, VIN #, or any reasonable request is possible. Mine say PJG DMC....since my car is rather customized anyway I decided to personalize it.

They will be gone before I get a chance to put them on the website so if you want a set either contact us through the site and we'll call for your card info or call (800)350-7429 to place your order. Please don't delay or you'll have to wait for the next batch.
    Rob Grady

Covex heated mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    The long awaited convex mirrors have finally arrived from deloreana.com in Europe. There are only 15 sets in the shipment and four are spoken for. I'm going to save a few for in shop use so that leaves approximately eight sets left.

They are available as follows; Ext. Convex Mirror Kits with or without heaters and with or without DMC logos

Part # Desc. Cost
    111420GB With Heaters & DMC Logos $150-
    111420GC Without Heaters or Logos 145-
    111420GH With Heater No Logos 150-
    111420GL With Logo No Heater (Sorry none of these are available until next order) $145-

I recommend getting the heaters even if you don't hook them up as they can't be retrofitted if you change your mind. The heaters are even useful in the summer to dry off the glass quickly when it rains. There is no need for an on/off switch as the voltage draw is minimal. I got a custom logo set for my green Delorean and can't wait to install them. You can special order any inscription you want at no extra cost if you are not in a hurry. Your initials, VIN #, or any reasonable request is possible. Mine say PJG DMC....since my car is rather customized anyway I decided to personalize it.

They will be gone before I get a chance to put them on the website so if you want a set either contact us through the site and we'll call for your card info or call (800)350-7429 to place your order. Please don't delay or you'll have to wait for the next batch.
    Rob Grady
    Hello Rob are you getting anymore mirrors in soon?

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Hello everyone!
    After being "away" for a while I am now back in business!
    A new production run for the extended convex mirrors has been ordered. I spoke with the manufacturer today and was told that the blank mirrors should be ready in about 2-3 weeks. I will then need about a week to have them ready for shipping.
    As before I will be offering four different options:
    1. Extended convex mirrors (set of two) heated with DMC logo
    2. Extended convex mirrors (set of two) with DMC logo (no heater)
    3. Extended convex mirrors (set of two) heated (no logo)
    4. Extended convex mirrors (set of two) (no heater, no logo)

I will also offer a custom logo option for $20 extra. This can include any line art logo or text (one color). This offer is only open until I receive the blank mirrors. At that time they will go in for the laser engraving and once they are done a custom logo will require a setup cost of $50. Make up your minds now!
    A custom logo can be anything like your name, your VIN, simple art drawing, QR code or anything else that you'd like. Sorry, no color pictures and no shades are possible. The logo can only be one color.
    Let me know if you're interested.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Everyone living in the US and Canada will be able to order the mirrors from PJ Grady.
    If you live outside the North America you will be able to order the mirrors directly from me through my website.

Thanks!
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Glad to see you back here, hope your health is good now

Just a quick update!

The mirrors have arrived from the manufacturer today. They look really nice... just as before.
    The next step is getting them laser etched with final assembly coming next.

If anyone is thinking about custom logo / text / graphics please let me know NOW! Once the mirrors go under the laser any custom project will require an additional setup fee.

Important note - I have managed to keep the same price from the manufacturer which means I will be able to offer them at the same price as before.

Thanks!
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

My VIN:    6125

Thanks for the update Tom, and glad to see you're feeling well enough to start back up on some of your projects. I've got a set of the DMC logo extended convex mirrors and couldn't be happier.

My VIN:    07000

Hey Tom.
    Any chance you might have some of those shift knobs still?

Greg

My VIN:    10694

Hi! Sorry I'm coming late to this thread. Are there any updated photos of the curved mirrors? -Or old photos, if they have not been changed since the first post in 2013? I'd love to see the side view of the glass. Is the mirror one continuous piece or does the outside extended part have a thin line top to bottom. I've seen a few different styles over the years, and whole heartedly endorse all DeLoreans to have convex mirrors.
    Thanks,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thanks for the update Tom, and glad to see you're feeling well enough to start back up on some of your projects. I've got a set of the DMC logo extended convex mirrors and couldn't be happier.
    Thanks Mark! Yep, I'm coming up to speed trying to make up for the lost time. I've already spent some time assembling my own car so I can drive it again. It's been taken apart to the last screw and it's now back together in one piece and starts right up
    Glad you like the mirrors! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Hey Tom.
    Any chance you might have some of those shift knobs still?

Greg
    Hi Greg,

Nope, sorry. The shift knobs are all gone... forever. It was just not cost effective. I've made 18 of them in total and I'm keeping number 1 (black with logo) in my own car. The other 17 are freezing the owner's palms all over the world right now... well, except the guys in Australia where someone is probably burning his hand off in the heat
    They are extremely cold in winter and painfully hot in summer but they look amazing and feel very nice in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Holler View Post
    Hi! Sorry I'm coming late to this thread. Are there any updated photos of the curved mirrors? -Or old photos, if they have not been changed since the first post in 2013? I'd love to see the side view of the glass. Is the mirror one continuous piece or does the outside extended part have a thin line top to bottom. I've seen a few different styles over the years, and whole heartedly endorse all DeLoreans to have convex mirrors.
    Thanks,
    Oliver
    Oliver,
    It's very difficult to take a picture of a mirror because you always end up taking a picture of... yourself I have some pictures on my website showing the improvement over the standard OEM mirrors. (link in the signature below)
    If you'd like, I can take some pictures of the mirrors from the side/edge on to show what they look like.
    The mirror is ONE continuous piece of glass. There are no cuts. There is a thin black line in the mirror but it is not a break in the glass but just a line in the reflective coating. This line indicates where the extended section starts. It is a convex mirror but the outside edge is even more convex to virtually eliminate the blind spot.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast