FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Convex Heated Mirrors and Black stainless shift knobs coming soon!

My VIN:    16867

Night driving

I've done a lot of night driving in my DeLorean. Frankly, alathough I am overly senstive to bright headlights, that has never been a problem for me with regard to the mirrors. Of course, I flip the rear view mirror so as to reduce that glare, but I am not bothered by light from the side mirrors. As a caveat, I must admit I have had these mirrors for some time and may not remember problems prior to their installation. Also, had cataract surgery on both eyes in the past year, but, if anything, that has made my eyes even more light sensitive.

Personally, I'd say "go for it".

Dick Ryan

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    May we get some guys that have my mirrors install to chime in on this subject? Please...
    I've had a set since the beginning. Changing lanes went from a 3-point maneuver:

*Check rear view mirror
    *Check side view mirror
    *Glance over the shoulder through the quarter glass. This step is useless if the quarter glass has fogged (cold weather + rain).

After installing Tom's mirrors, changing lanes is a 1-point maneuver (side view only). IMO the OEM straight cut passenger side mirror was borderline useless. All it was good for was letting me know when a wheel was out of balance. With Tom's mirrors I have total confidence in seeing what is behind me. There is no way I could go back to OEM after having these.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Dad View Post
    I have had Tom's mirrors on my car for a number of years now. I wouldn't be with anything else. Now,mind you, it will take a few driving trips to adapt to them, but it is not difficult. The only thing difficult would be to not have them any more. Blind spots are literally non-existent!

Dick Ryan
    I have also had Tom's mirrors for a number of years, I am guessing five or more. They are great and I would not consider doing without them.

Rod

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

The mirrors are almost ready!

Hello everyone!

I would like to let you know that my latest production run of the Extended convex mirrors is almost ready.
    At this time I have emailed all that have pre-ordered a set. So, if you have, you should see an email from me with a link to a private site where you can place your order.
    Once the early orders are fulfilled I will make the site available for everyone else.

As I have said before there are four versions to choose from.
    1. Extended convex heated mirrors
    2. Extended convex heated mirrors with DMC logo
    3. Extended convex mirrors - no heating
    4. Extended convex mirrors - no heating, with DMC logo

The prices are:
    With heaters: $150
    Without heaters: $145

Black laser engraved DMC logo is a free option.

Shipping by priority mail with tracking is free anywhere in the world.

Here's what you get (version with heaters):
    Left mirror + right mirror + wiring to connect the heaters (terminals installed)

This picture shows the front and back side (heated version):
    NOTE: The heaters and super strong double sided tape is already installed for you

Here's a close up view of the DMC logo. It is about: 25mm x 5mm (1"x0.2")
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

I saw earlier you were making available a custom engraving on the mirror, is that still an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    I saw earlier you were making available a custom engraving on the mirror, is that still an option?
    Yes, I can do custom engraving. Whatever you like.
    If it's a standard DMC or DeLorean logo then you just need to tell me how big and where you want it and it will be done. If you'd like to have some custom graphics then you'll need to send me a file with description. You can take a picture of a mirror and do a simple drawing to show me where and how to do the graphics from your file.
    A file can be raster (bmp, jpg, gif, tiff, raw) or vector (Corel is preferred).
    If you'd like to see halftone graphics then there are two ways of doing it.
    1. The laser removes the reflective layer. I apply black paint to the rear side of the glass so the design is black. White is also available. Other colors might be more difficult but still possible. For halftone and shades the design will be made of tiny points kind of like newspaper pictures.
    2. The laser actually marks the glass without touching the reflective layer. The design will be on the front side of the glass. No colors are possible here, only white. It will appear just like those "Objects in mirror..." writings on the mirrors. Similar to bead blasting effect but very precise. With this method we can engrave grayscale pictures.

Custom designs will cost extra. The cost will depend on the method used and the size of the graphics. It will take about one week to complete a custom set. The work starts the moment I receive a payment for a set.
    Let me know if you'd like me to do a custom set for you.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

Website update

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated my website with some new info about the latest production run. You can see some pictures and read all the descriptions.
    You can't place an order just yet. I will open the ordering line on Thursday or Friday. I'm waiting for the envelopes to arrive.

The link to my site can be found in my signature below.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

The mirrors are ready! Website updated

Hello everyone,

The mirrors are here! You can place your order now.
    If interested please head over to my site (link in my signature below) and click on mirrors. Choose your option and place your order. All payments are handled by PayPal.

At this time everyone is going for the heated version with DMC logo and I only have two sets left.
    I have another 10 sets coming and it looks as though I will make them all with the DMC logo.

If you have any special requests, like custom logo, your vin or anything else that you'd like to see on your mirrors please let me know.

Thank you
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

My VIN:    16823

Club(s):   (DMA)

Just ordered mine, so make that one set left
    Anthony

1983 DMC-12 VIN 16823
    2014 BMW M5

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Hello Tom,
    Just ordered an Extended convex mirrors - DMC logo

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast