FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blank VIN Plates Found

I have researched my records; part no 110573 was released by Engineering on 18 Nov 1981 the description is shown as "Federal Compliance Plate" the manufacturer is shown as Primographic Co Ltd. However, part no 110574 is shown as the "Canadian Compliance Plate" with the manufacturer shown as Talbot (Peugeot).

Hope this helps in clarifying the situation.

Nick

The DeLorean Story: The car, the people the scandal. http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-S...delorean+story

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Interesting find
    Did this guy has a few more to sale?

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

Cheers Nick, even better info. So it was indeed Talbot that made them, well Peugeot via Talbot. Interesting...

He did say that he had a few more. I've contacted him for the exact story and I'll post it back here when I get it, plus details if he has any more.

mark

Many thanks!

My VIN:    # 00712 (ex-Howard Hughes) # 03692 # 03980 # 05414 # 06759 # 06833 # 06975

Club(s):  

Primographic Co Ltd. - Are they still in existence?

Stian Birkeland
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by nick sutton View Post
    I have researched my records; part no 110573 was released by Engineering on 18 Nov 1981 the description is shown as "Federal Compliance Plate" the manufacturer is shown as Primographic Co Ltd. However, part no 110574 is shown as the "Canadian Compliance Plate" with the manufacturer shown as Talbot (Peugeot).

Nick

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

An update......

Well, here we go, sooner than I thought.... Dave came back to me with some more details...

Hi Mark

I came about the vin plate when I worked at the Peugeot plant in Coventry, which in the 80s was the talbot factory, I was told a box of delorian vin stamps was accidentally delivered, they were useless so chucked out, only to be rescued by some of the old maintenance guys, I came across them when one of the old guys was clearing out his old locker, he let me have a couple, one of which I sent you. I usually have a drink with my old colleagues around Christmas time so will ask if there are anymore.

Best Regards

Dave

So, the Talbot link is indeed there. Great story as well. Love the image of the maintenance guy who saves them from the rubbish, keeps them in his old locker for all those years and then when he's finally clearing out his stuff passes on a couple. Then one finally finds its way back to a DeLorean owner and the community. Sounds like there might be more kicking about as well. I'll keep you posted.

I love how these stories seem to surface that add to the strange myth like nature of the whole DeLorean venture.

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post
    I usually have a drink with my old colleagues around Christmas time so will ask if there are anymore.
    I'll buy one if his agree to sales to me.

My VIN:    16823

Club(s):   (DMA)

Very cool find! And even better story behind it! Like many people my age I first fell in love with the Delorean from BTTF, however a larger part of my love for the car is all of the interesting, controversial, and almost unbelievable stories behind the car and the company. Obviously these stories all still surfacing.
    Anthony

1983 DMC-12 VIN 16823
    2014 BMW M5

My VIN:    7075

Quote Originally Posted by nick sutton View Post

Nick
    I checked the Texas Delorean Club's registry and I think this was somehow different. There are two part number for the VIN plates. One is 105196 and the other is 110573. The first was in 1981, the second in 1982.
    So I think Talbot made the 110573 part number plates.

My VIN:    VIN 1662 & VIN 10336 (Red)

Nice find !
    I am interested if he sales more !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2