FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the DMC- 12's value increase dramatically in 2015?

Will the DMC- 12's value increase dramatically in 2015?

I originally posted this on the Facebook De Lorean Owner's page but haven't got the response I was hoping for. Since this group is more active and appears to have more opinions, I have posted here.

BTTF (1st) movie was released on July 3rd, 1985 and in 2015 it will be 30 years since this date. In the second movie the cast travels to Oct. 21, 2015.

I believe our cars value is largely due to being featured in this film. I also believe that over the next 2 years as we approach October of 2015, where I suspect there will be lots of 'fanfare' around the BTTF movies, our cars will become even more desirable and thus drive the value of them even higher.

Debate.

My VIN:    2848

Nope.

No pedigree.
    Not low enough production numbers.
    Nerd stigma
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

+1

Nothing much happened to D values when Universal trotted out the digitized 25th Anniversary BTTF re-release DVD set and ran BTTF in theaters as part of the 25th Ann. hoopla a few years back.

So will the 30th Anniversary somehow have more of an effect? Doubt it.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think there will be a peak for BTTF replicas but I don't think that will reflect in standard cars.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16619

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    +1

Nothing much happened to D values when Universal trotted out the digitized 25th Anniversary BTTF re-release DVD set and ran BTTF in theaters as part of the 25th Ann. hoopla a few years back.

So will the 30th Anniversary somehow have more of an effect? Doubt it.
    Only thing I can forsee is people wanting to get in a DeLorean to pose with one in 2015, that's about it. Sure tumbler and such will be full of "yo, just arrived in 2015! #YOLO #TimeTraveler #TimeTravelingbeforeitwascool." etc etc.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Exolis View Post
    #YOLO #TimeTraveler #TimeTravelingbeforeitwascool." etc etc.

LOL!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    LOL!

The Delorean is more affected by what happens in the car market than the movie market or the Sci-Fi market. In the car market the 20 and 25th years are the big deal, not the 30th. Other things that *could* affect the value were JZD's death and any celebrity owners. Didn't seem to matter much. The trend is slow and steady increase in value. That would be for cars that are in good shape. The ones that are NOT in good shape will continue to go down in value as they age and the parts to fix them become more scarce and expensive. There is always the chance a Delorean will be featured in another movie and that could cause a jump in value. The other possibility is someone goes crazy and overbids at an auction. It can cause the market to overprice the car for a short time. It happened with the Amphicar.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    Debate.
    Love this ending of your thread. Sounds like: RUN!!!

I just think there will be an increased request to rent a replica for that date at different locations.

The delorean value it's self will be increasing very slowly over the next yeast just because it is getting older and more people are becoming aware to this vehicle.

I am certain, after my Delorean arrived in Greece, there will be a steady increase of the D number brought here.

My VIN:    1597

Nope but this inflation calculator is sobering. My father bought one new in 82 for 26 grand. That means in todays money it was over 66 thousand. The same car today that say goes for 26 grand would have been only 10 back then.
    Anyways punch in some numbers and dates and its pretty depressing.
    BTW- Tracking or trying to predict precious metals,cars or houses will drive one insane.
    http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

He magic number is about 80.

I posted an article back on .com that was quite well researched on the value of cars. It showed how most collectable cars' value begin to increase at a greater rate than a mutual fund of equal value around the 80 yr mark.

Wish I could find it. I honestly do believe our cars will become very valuable, but not for a long time.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast