FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Will the DMC- 12's value increase dramatically in 2015?

My VIN:    1597

Enough were made that if the prices or demand were to explode more and more barn finds,garage dust gathers and ones in bad need of work would come out of the woodwork. I personally know of a building where at least 16 have been sitting since 1984.When the old guy passes I am pretty sure his sons will want to dump them. Thing is I saw one orange Plymouth Superbird mixed in that had dust a inch thick that is probably worth more than all the Deloreans.
    Not many of us bought our Ds as investments. I knew going in I was going to dump in more money than I would ever get back out.
    My father bought a new Delorean right off the lot in 82.Broke down on the way home from Myrtle Beach and arrived on a flatbed. In betreen replacing waterpumps,overheating and electrical problems, I got to drive it for a little over a year before he sold it for a HUGE loss. 4 years ago I bought almost the identical car much to my fathers surprise.And yes like my father before its been a pita,curse inducing, 4 wheels of worry,stainless cash sucker.
    But like the saying goes it cheaper to keep her at this point.
    Last edited by JIMJAM; 10-15-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    10777

I really hope they don't explode in value in 2015. If I'm being realistic, financially I won't be able to get one until early to mid-2015 and if they all of a sudden became more expensive that would be the end of the road for my DeLorean dream.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4