FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Right Fender Excellent condition

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Right Fender Excellent condition

I have for sale a right fender off of my refurbished car. The only thing wrong with it is the antenna hole has been welded up and regrained making it almost invisible....almost. And that's why I'm selling it. About a year or so ago I found a NOS right fender with no hole to put on my car so I am selling the one that's on it now. It is absolutely perfect except in certain light you can see where the hole used to be. I still have it on the car and the only way I am going to get motivated to remove it is to sell it already. I will post some pics ASAP, just getting the post made while I am in the mood. I have been meaning to do this for months but I have just been putting it off.

Price is $800.00 and keep in mind, this same exact fender from DMC is 993.00 so you are getting almost 200 bucks off and it is identical. Their fender for 1k also has the repaired antenna hole as the non-hole fenders are NLA. This fender will have no rub strips, light lenses, seals, brackets, etc...just the fender. Shipping will be USPS with tracking and will cost between 40-100 dollars depending on how far you live from East Tennessee. Local pick up is also welcome(and preferred)...in fact I will sell it for $775.00 if you pick it up as a box is a PITA to make for these things.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Here are some pics...this fender is perfect except for the antenna area as shown...and even that is invisible in all but certain lights. Outside it's not even noticeable.
    Attachment 22578Attachment 22579Attachment 22581Attachment 22582Attachment 22583Attachment 22584Attachment 22585

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Here are some pics...this fender is perfect except for the antenna area as shown...and even that is invisible in all but certain lights. Outside it's not even noticeable.
    I find it interesting how defects in stainless look worse in bad lighting, and often disappear in sunlight. The opposite of painted surfaces.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I find it interesting how defects in stainless look worse in bad lighting, and often disappear in sunlight. The opposite of painted surfaces.
    I will add a Big +1 for the D Rex, which has had nearly every panel repaired and all panels rebrushed. Defects disappear in the sunlight.
    Harsh lighting and some other low light conditions will show imperfections all over the panels, especially in previous wavy, dented areas.

A few harsh light examples:

D-Rex-FL-low-light-at-night.jpg

D-Rex-FL-indirect-light-night.jpg

A few in sun light examples:

D-Rex-Doc-at-the-track.jpg

D-Rex-Hollywood-Lighting.jpg

Time for a bump!