FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MOMO Evolution Steering Wheel

My VIN:    1225

Club(s):   (DCF)

MOMO Evolution Steering Wheel

I love the new MOMO Evolution Steering Wheel that DMCH sells. What are everyone's thoughts about it?

I think it brings out the sports car in the Delorean
    Great with Black interior
    Modernizes it a bit

Attachment 9176

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I like it. Just fyi, you can get a knock off on ebay for $35. Yes I know it's a knock off, but I bought one just for kicks, and I was actually surprised at how sturdy it feels. Even has an integrated horn switch if you want to hook it up. I'm sure the Momo one is nicer but I doubt it's $300 nicer.

Here's an example of the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-REAL-LEA...ht_2954wt_1185

here's the wheel:

Just add your own "DMC"

EDIT
    Here's a picture of my "Knock Off" wheel:
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 03-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I like it. Just fyi, you can get a knock off on ebay for $35. Yes I know it's a knock off, but I bought one just for kicks, and I was actually surprised at how sturdy it feels. Even has an integrated horn switch if you want to hook it up. I'm sure the Momo one is nicer but I doubt it's $300 nicer.

Here's an example of the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-REAL-LEA...ht_2954wt_1185

here's the wheel:

Just add your own "DMC"

EDIT
    Here's a picture of my "Knock Off" wheel:
    OH wow that looks just like the MOMO one. That is a hell of a lot cheaper. Thanks for the info

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Great find!!! You can certainly see the leather is not the same quality and texture as the MOMO, but not bad...

Did you use the DMCH adapter with it?
    Chris

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I would definately go with the knock off brand...and the blank space is a good spot for a DMC emblem.

I had a MOMO Apache wheel on my modified Talon TSi which I loved the feel of. It was just perfect with the thumb grooves. If you have the extra $$ to spend, the MOMO leather did feel pretty nice, and wear was a non-issue. These knock off brands my look good new, but if they hold up in the long run(both wear and tear, and the dye not rubbing off on your hand) remains to be seen....but for 35 bucks you really can't go wrong giving it a try first.

Last edited by Michael; 03-22-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I agree, the MOMO wheel looks great. But I think if it were put in a DeLorean and said DeLorean didn't have the recovered binnacle and dash it would look out of place. Great find on that "knock off". 35 bucks is almost unbeatable!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Great find!!! You can certainly see the leather is not the same quality and texture as the MOMO, but not bad...

Did you use the DMCH adapter with it?
    I haven't bought the adapter yet but I intend to. It has the 6 holes in the stainless portion for bolting to the adapter.

And yes, I'm not going to try to convince anyone that this is Momo quality, certainly not. Still, my car needs a new steering wheel anyway and compared to all the other options, $35 was just unbeatable. I had intended on getting the momo one until I saw this. I figured it was worth the small gamble; to me at least it was cause I'm sticking with it.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 03-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.

My VIN:    1968

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I got a similar $35 wheel and I love it. The DMC adapter did cost twice as much! But for that money I can change the wheel anytime and the adapter is the same.
    Mine is smaller than stock, so it does cover the instruments more. But I don't care, and it sure enhances the go-kart feel on the car, which makes it more fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by sadeeky View Post
    I love the new MOMO Evolution Steering Wheel that DMCH sells. What are everyone's thoughts about it?

I think it brings out the sports car in the Delorean
    Great with Black interior
    Modernizes it a bit

Attachment 9176
    Is that your car? I'm curious what you did with the shifter. Can you share?

Alex

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aludden View Post
    Is that your car? I'm curious what you did with the shifter. Can you share?

Alex
    It's the DeLorean EV.

Quote Originally Posted by aludden View Post
    I got a similar $35 wheel and I love it. The DMC adapter did cost twice as much! But for that money I can change the wheel anytime and the adapter is the same.
    Mine is smaller than stock, so it does cover the instruments more. But I don't care, and it sure enhances the go-kart feel on the car, which makes it more fun to drive.
    I like the go cart feel too. Do you know if the MOM steering wheel is bigger or smaller than the stock one. I like the small wheel I just don't want it any bigger than whats on there now

You can also get the DMC logo for the middle on the Delorean store. However they are not in stock yet. They said it will probably have some in a month or so.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast